Animal Kingdom Lodge tell me all about it

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
I will echo that the food is amazing at both Jambo House and Kidani Village (the two resorts that make up the Animal Kingdom Lodge) Even if the menu sounds intimidating at first glance - I'd say be sure to give at least one a try! They do a great job making unfamiliar foods in a way that's appealing to most.

Definitely give yourself time to just enjoy the resort. They have a ton of activities and it can be so nice to just sit and watch the animals. We like to stay at this resort in winter or low season when the parks have shorter hours to make sure we really get time to hang out at the resort and take advantage of all it has to offer.

Your room could be quite far from the lobby which is a downside, however at least the hallways are all indoors and you have windows with views of the savanna along the way! :)

correcaminos

Out of curiosity, is there a cost for the night vision goggles? Or an age limit (both upper and lower)?
Free activity and open to all. Just keep in mind there aren't a ton of goggles so you have to take turns.

My 6yo at the time was particularly fond of the drum circle at Kidani's Palace Library.

Plutomickey24

I just got back from Animal Kingdom Lodge. I stayed at Kidani. I love the room at Kidani, but I love the lobby at Jambo. The room was kind of far from the lobby. We were probably about half way between the lobby and Jambo. I walked over to The Mara every morning for breakfast. Kidani is the first bust stop, although one trip back the bus driver switched it. While the resort is further away from other parks I didn't really notice it. I hope you enjoy your stay there and enjoy the animal viewing areas. Oh one more thing. I don't know if this is a regular thing, but when I was there The Mara had Mimosa's in the morning. I don't know how much they were.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The Wanyama Safari was never exclusive to AKL Concierge Level. At one time, Concierge Level guests paid less.

The discontinued Sunrise Safari was exclusive to AKL Concierge Level guests.

The Wild Africa Trek is cheaper....and.you get a lunch at the hut on the savannah.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We stayed at Kidani back in August. Savannah view. Every morning me and my cup of tea was out on the balcony watching the animals coming back from their nighttime pens. It was great. I don't know the parking situation over at Jambo, but parking is underground and you park in the area designated for your wing. Elevators go straight to that wing, so you don't have to trudge your luggage all over the place.

MegRuss626

The hotel itself is absolutely stunning! The only downfall for us when we stayed there September 2016 was the buses. We waited 30/45 minutes multiple times for a bus to pick us up at a park or Disney Springs. The worst was when we waited 40 minutes for a bus at Animal Kingdom which is right next door while 4 Wilderness Lodge buses went by in that time period. Very odd. We also didn’t care for that the bus stop at the parks isn’t by the other deluxe resort stops...it’s usually towards the end. (First world probs I know lol) We’re glad we stayed there but we decided the amount of time plus the distance to get everywhere wasn’t worth doing again.

I stayed there this October. We loved it. We've only stayed at Saratoga Springs and AKL Kidani. It really is very peaceful in my opinion. Jambo has a lot more food options but is a very close walk. Kidani has Sanaa which I highly recommend. This was our first time using the buses so I have no comparisons and I read all the negative reviews and was really worried. We had no issues. We didn't think it took too long nor did we ever wait more than 20 mins. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom