Animal Kingdom Lodge Savanna View (Lower vs. Higher Floor)

James Gavin

Original Poster
I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge so many years ago it's hard to remember. I'm looking for everyone's opinions on whether they thought a lower floor or a higher floor is better for a savanna view? I think I was high up when I stayed, but I can't really remember. It's a gift for my mother, and I want to try and get a room where she'll have the best experience seeing the animals. I appreciate everyone's feedback!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We found the 3rd floor to be perfect...high enough to get a broad view of the savanna yet low enough so the animals felt closer to us.

lostpro9het

Put us into the middle to upper floor preferance. We give the edge to the top floor for a few reasons:
No one stomping around above you at odd hours.
Line of sight is extended and you can see more of the savanna that is further out.

dreamfinder

Well, keep this fact in mind. At Jambo House, 5 floor is DVC, and 6th floor is Club Level/DVC. So as a non DVC guest, you are primarily going to be limited to 2-4. The exception is there are first floor rooms poolside. So it's not like there is a huge variance from floor to floor. And as always when AKL view questions come up, Touring Plans has a great tool that shows the room classifications and views for many of the Animal Kingdom rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom