Animal Kingdom Lodge Question

ScottNBecky

Hi we will be staying at AKL this weekend for the first time. Does anyone know if they have refrigerators in the standard savannah view rooms? Thanks in advance, Scott

GymLeaderPhil

I don't think so. I know the Junior Suites do have a small kitchen, but I believe the standard savanna view rooms do not have a refrigerators. You can request one for a fee though, as with all the other resorts.

Upvote 0

disneygirl_wdw

We stayed there right before Thanksgiving and the pool view deluxe rooms had refridgerators in them. They were hidden in a little cabinet. I don't know about the standard rooms though. Have fun, it's a nice resort. Be sure to check out some of the daily activities especially if you have kids. :)

Upvote 0

crazygirley

disneygirl_wdw said:
We stayed there right before Thanksgiving and the pool view deluxe rooms had refridgerators in them. They were hidden in a little cabinet. I don't know about the standard rooms though. Have fun, it's a nice resort. Be sure to check out some of the daily activities especially if you have kids. :)
Are you sure it wasn't a 2-room suite or concierge? I have stayed inn Deluxe rooms there before, and there wasn't a fridge.

Upvote 0

disneygirl_wdw

No it was a deluxe pool room. I have stayed in these rooms before as well, over the summer being the last time, and this was the first time I had a fridge. It wasn't just our room we had conjoining rooms and that room did as well. I was suprised. It was nice though because I got some zebra domes down at The Mara and didn't eat them all, so I put them in the fridge for a midnight snack. :slurp:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I believe that they were available for a fee previously, but have been fazing in starting with the deluxe resorts having them in all rooms. Best thing to do is call and ask, and if not already in the room, request one...there may not be a charge now. Just don't quote me. :eek:

Upvote 0

TURKEY

ClemsonTigger said:
I believe that they were available for a fee previously, but have been fazing in starting with the deluxe resorts having them in all rooms. Best thing to do is call and ask, and if not already in the room, request one...there may not be a charge now. Just don't quote me. :eek:
Correct, ALL moderate and deluxe rooms are/have had them placed into the rooms. If there isn't one in your room or it's not working, call the front desk and a new/replacement will be brought to the room at no charge.

Upvote 0

Sloan

We had a fridge

We were in a Savannah View Room end of October / beginning of November and there WAS a fridge in a little cabinet. While I had requested one, it was pretty obvious that it was standard, as the cabinetry was substantial and not something they brought in for a 'special order'. I suspect that it's part of the plan to add them to most rooms, and I think that it's very likely that there will be one there for you - of course, it can't hurt to ask / request one. Enjoy your trip - the AKL is absolutely fantastic - and Jiko is incredible. Also, make a point of taking a late-night walk around the grounds.

Upvote 0

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
There is no longer a fee for a fridge in a room, and by now there is no need to request one. MOST rooms have the fridge in the room by now... there is a very small handfull of rooms that don't. They can be requested though once you arrive at the hotel for free. I know Deb says they're in all the rooms already. I've found that to not be the case. But yes, they are free. :)

You can also request a coffee maker. :)

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Where in the AKL rooms is the fridge located? What does the cabinet look like (please tell me it is of African decor and matches the theme)?

Does anyone know if they are free at the Value resorts as well?

Upvote 0

Sloan

Look & location

The fridge was in the corner of the room closest to the entry door - but after the room 'opens up' past the little hallway from the front door and past the bathroom area. Don't worry - the cabinet that I mentioned does fit in with the theming - the same dark wood with a nice finish.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Yep, we had one in our deluxe room in October. Actually, there was one in the room last year too. Ours was placed right next to the ajoining room door, between that door and the TV cabinet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom