Animal Kingdom Lodge or Villa

I love AK. Can't beat a savannah view. It's been a couple of years since we've stayed there but only because our waitlists at Beach Club have come through and we would rather be closer to Epcot.

Betsyboo

I just booked a 7 night stay, Deluxe Studio Savannah View, for June by renting DVC points through DVC Rental Store. I would have never had the money to spend otherwise. So much cheaper. I can't wait.

Hockey89

Hey everyone!! Planning our honeymoon for next year and all of sudden my fiancé has asked about staying at the AK resort (which is PRETTY much my dream) I was planning on asking my travel agent to check into a balcony view of the safari and the one bedroom villas...but as I was researching someone posted that they don't recommend these resorts for first time trips...this is his first time...can anyone explain why it may not be a good first trip resort? Sorry for the long post!! Thanks!!
It's location is the only reason... It's a hike to MK and an ok ride to epcot and MGM.....I haven't stayed there for that reason but it is my favorite hotel at Disney...It's beautiful...

Plowboy

We were just at AKL for 6 nights about a month ago and it was great! Loved our savannah view, loved the restaurants, and the transportation is not as bad as many would have you believe, which brings me to one question. Why the h*ll wouldn't you stay there?

lostpro9het

...Why the h*ll wouldn't you stay there?
QFT!!!

57234335.jpg

ATLLena

We go to WDW once a year (2 adults 1 child) and have stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge 5 times in a row. Traveling again in Feb 2016, booked AKL again. We love it. Each time I book our hotel I ask my family if they would like to try some other hotel, for a different experience. They always say NO :))). We simply love it there. We stayed in Pool View rooms and Savanna View ones, but we really do not have a preference, since you see animals from multiple areas inside and outside the hotel. You do not miss out either way. For honeymoon, Savannah view will probably be better, more secluded, less noise. The rooms are not big, but very cozy. We like the darker ambiance. Makes you feel like you are on African safari at sunset. We always drive our own car to the parks from the hotels and to tell the truth, I do not see it as a problem that this hotel is little further away from MK and Epcot. It only takes just few more minutes of driving. Not too much of a difference. Way worth it for the feeling you get when you enter the hotel area. You feel like you are on a different continent. Different world :) Well, at least that is how my family and I feels:)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom