Animal Kingdom Lodge -First time stay

Hayley In Wonderland

Have an awesome time. Since it’s our first stay here too and we’re going in July we plan on doing the parks in the morning, heading back the resort after lunch to enjoy the pool and then back out to the parks at night. I can’t wait just to hang out at the pool.

A CM told me there are night vision googles at the Savanna outlook by the Uzima pool; it’s free to resort guests. We plan for on checking it out.
Sadly whilst I am there the main pool is shut for refurb, and the DVC pool will be so busy :( We had a pool view room booked but downgraded to standard due to the refurb.

MRGEFF

Sadly whilst I am there the main pool is shut for refurb, and the DVC pool will be so busy :( We had a pool view room booked but downgraded to standard due to the refurb.
We also had a pool view booked for late Nov. when guest relations called to inform us of the pool reburb. They offered us the same view at the standard view rate but DH decided to change to a savanna view room . No matter what view, it's a stunning resort.

donnylambb

a couple years ago we had a savannah view and it was awesome. Giraffes right outside our window. You should ask when you get there if they have any savannah rooms.

Tk0021

We stayed in September and had a pool view room and we were upgraded to savanna view without a word being said. They gave us our room numbers and when we walked to it, it was a savanna view. Very nice of them. We did not see many animals but we expected to see none so any was nice.

micknminnie

We are staying at Jambo in August for the first time in a three bedroom villa with two other families. I'm hoping there is enough room for all 12 of us.

Ghostdog

Original Poster
We ended up with a savanna room, all I can say is WOW! We loved it, we had a watering hole right outside our balcony. We were on the 4th floor and the view was spectacular every day.
38F96C8A-B5ED-4963-A04D-FD14D9797CB0.jpeg
65563035-9BA3-43CD-9432-E5A340983121.jpeg
DC9BC980-6DA1-40F6-B4F9-01D582E90B0F.jpeg
9C53E9F2-D55C-49F0-90DF-03D53878DFCF.jpeg
758A3DE9-7D95-4502-89DD-CF15DC6FFE40.jpeg

Last edited:

Plutomickey24

We ended up with a savanna room, all I can say is WOW! We loved it, we had a watering hole right outside our balcony. We were on the 4th floor and the view was spectacular every day.View attachment 296454View attachment 296455View attachment 296456View attachment 296457View attachment 296458
Was the Ostrich there? When I stayed there in Dec he was eating his food out of the back of the truck while the girl was putting it out. I think I might have a pic of it. I want to be back there. I love my second home in the World.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Slightly off-topic, but if you can swing it, the Wanyama Safari is really awesome. It is limited to 12 people, and you ride on the back of a jeep through the AKL savanna, followed by dinner at Jiko. At one point, we were "stuck," because the giraffes were in the way. One was basically nestled up next to our vehicle. Very cool experience.

HollyAD

You will love the AKL! I stayed in a pool view villa which was on the third floor and we actually had a great view. It was nice to sit on my balcony with a glass of wine at night. Some people are saying it's not worth it to have a pool view but its completely up to you. Maybe being up high with a pool view would be best. I visited AKL yesterday and asked myself why I haven't returned. The ambiance is amazing and they have my favorite wine in the lounge, Pinotage!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom