Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge

Abraham's Mommy

My family is planning a trip to DW from Sept 24-Oct 1. We will be staying at AKL. My question is if anyone has stayed recently at AKL concierge? I have heard some good and some bad things.

Thanks in advance for your help :wave:

Philo

I've not stayed there but I've never heard anything bad. I have heard that not all the concierge rooms have savannah view rooms (seems a little odd) and I believe that quite a few of the original concierge rooms have been involved in the recent / ongoing refub although I couldn't say how.

What bad things have you heard? I'm going there for my honeymoon in April and, as everyone else does, I was hoping there would be a change of an upgrade. The safari tour that comes with the room sounds fantastic!

Upvote 0
We stayed at AKL Concierge in 2006 before the vacation club became a part of the lodge. As DVC members, we used points to book our stay and, believe me, it took a bunch of points and was worth every one of them!

We loved it so much we booked it again in 2007, but we were moved because of the construction. We were given an offer we couldn't refuse in a very popular resort. It was nice, but we really loved the Kilimangaro Club.

The food offered at AKL Concierge is delicious. The lounge is very nice. The staff was friendly (except for one guy, but we'll imagine he was just having a bad week).

Take a look at http://www.luxurydisneyguide.com/accom_akvillas.htm

If you have any specific questions let me know.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom