Animal Kingdom Lodge 2-night stay in Dec.

kersh13

Hi all,

I'm looking at booking a two-night stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge around 12/14-12/15. I'm planning the trip as a surprise for my girlfriend in order to (hopefully) slip a ring on her finger at some point.:D

Her favorite resort is AKL and she has always wanted to stay in a Savannah view room. I can rent points from Dave's DVC rental website for $13 per point and a Club level room is 41 points for those nights (minimum 44 point purchase from that site).

So here are my questions:

A. What is the likelihood that I would have such a request granted if I booked now?

B. Are there other places I should look to rent points from DVC members?

C. Is this the most cost-effective way to book such a trip in order to get a Savannah view? We would most likely need 2, 2-day park hoppers and no dining plan even if it were offered free.

Thanks for your help!

GoochDSA

Hi all,

I'm looking at booking a two-night stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge around 12/14-12/15. I'm planning the trip as a surprise for my girlfriend in order to (hopefully) slip a ring on her finger at some point.:D

Her favorite resort is AKL and she has always wanted to stay in a Savannah view room. I can rent points from Dave's DVC rental website for $13 per point and a Club level room is 41 points for those nights (minimum 44 point purchase from that site).

So here are my questions:

A. What is the likelihood that I would have such a request granted if I booked now?

B. Are there other places I should look to rent points from DVC members?

C. Is this the most cost-effective way to book such a trip in order to get a Savannah view? We would most likely need 2, 2-day park hoppers and no dining plan even if it were offered free.

Thanks for your help!

Staying DVC-CL at AKL does not mean you will get a Savannah view. The CL-DVC at AKL are on the same level as the lounge itself (6th Floor). There may only be a couple of DVC-CL rooms that look over the savannah. Whoever you ask for points from can request a savannah room but the odds are not in your favor. If you want to be sure to have a CL room that faces the savannah, just book a regular AKL-CL room, non-DVC. So to sum it up, all AKL-CL rooms have a savannah view (on the 4th Floor) while only a couple AKL-DVC-CL rooms will have a savannah view.

Also note that IMO, the 6th floor would be too high up to really be able to enjoy the savannah.

Upvote 0

kersh13

Original Poster
It appears that 2 nights through Disney's reservation system would cost me over $900 but renting points would cost me less than $600.

Also, what if I requested a Savannah view room through a DVC rental rather than the club level room? How likely would it be for me to get my request then?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

jakeman

So maybe I am doing something wrong on Disney's website but it appears that 2 nights through Disney's reservation system would cost me over $3,000 but renting points would cost me less than $600.

Also, what if I requested a Savannah view room through a DVC rental rather than the club level room? How likely would it be for me to get my request then?

Thanks again!
Hey there. Just to chime in as a DVC'er.

The Savanna view rooms are their own separate category for DVC. You don't even have to book the concierge level to get it if the rooms are available on the Savanna.

You want to look for a Savanna view room in Jambo House at the Animal Kingdom lodge.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

kersh13

Original Poster
The Savanna view rooms are their own separate category for DVC. You don't even have to book the concierge level to get it if the rooms are available on the Savanna.

Awesome! I notice that I have to purchase a minimum of 44 points from David's rental site but the Savannah view room would actually only require 34 points.

Is there anywhere else I could look that wouldn't require me to purchase more points that I need if I chose the DVC rental route?

Thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0

jakeman

Awesome! I notice that I have to purchase a minimum of 44 points from David's rental site but the Savannah view room would actually only require 34 points.

Is there anywhere else I could look that wouldn't require me to purchase more points that I need if I chose the DVC rental route?

Thanks again for your help!
I'm not sure about that. Would staying an extra night be out of the question?

Or you could upgrade to a 1-bedroom (then you could cook her breakfast as they have a full kitchen). That would probably be 68 points.

Upvote 0

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I usually do no poke around for people but given your plans I figured why not.

For staying then nights of December 14/15, 2012 here is what is open.

Studio Club Level:

Only the night of December 15 right now. 21 Points one night

Savannah Studio (KD and JH):

Both nights. 34 points.

One Bedroom Club Level:

Only available night of the 14th at 39 points.

One Bedroom Savannah (KV and JH):

54 Points for both nights at each.

As of right now you could book a 1br the first night and studio the second. Club Level fills up quick and I am rather shocked any are still open.

Upvote 0

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Today (5/15) is the 7 month mark to your 12/14-12/16 trip. Anyone with a dvc membership can now book AKL since you are within the 7 month window. That may increase your chances of finding someone to rent from. I checked and there are still savanna view studios at both AKL locations available for 34 points. I don't know of anywhere to go to rent just 34 points. Good luck

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom