Animal Kingdom: July 13 Update! (With Pics!!)

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom: July 12 Update! (With Pics!!)

So, here's a highly condensed version of my previous writing style of mostly trip reports now actually news/rumors! :eek: Also, pics will come later, but I do have them! :rolleyes:

- Crowds were relatively medium. Actually formed around 11am, but decreased by 4pm due to rain.

- Finally had a chance to see the Yeti in a new 'A' Mode. It seems to me that the Yeti does not move under the red lighting as it strobes, but them its eyes glow red and it lunges at your train the second you pass underneath it. A nice alternative...hope the original is fixed soon!

- Apparently, there is now a $10 Cart in Dinoland similar to Mickey's Mart. It sells your usual $10 merch - under $10. :rolleyes:

- Happy to report that the station of refillable drinks has arrived at Restaurantosaurus, replacing tables by the bathroom area. Now it needs to go somewhere in the Magic Kingdom, and the circle is complete...

- The Tree of Life seemed to be more open and present that day. It turns out the large brush once there is removed and replaced with mulching and smaller plant life. Plus, that river that runs around the tree in that same spot is more noticeable...

- Pin prices has risen as well, by a dollar or so. (e.g. $8.95 is now $9.95 - BLUE) Why did they change prices to colours? Some people are colourblinded...

- The Island Mercantile had some new merch: a box of Crispy Treats seen around the parks for $18, and a new DVD series called The Walt Disney Animation Collection: Classic Short Films that highlights the old cartoon shorts (Reluctant Dragon, Tortoise & the Hare, Wind in the Willows), along with other shorts bundled in. :)

- As leaving the park for the day (it closed at 7pm) there is new park exit music I never heard of before. Unlike the traditional entrance heard, now there's music similar to Discovery Island.

Overall, Sunday was a great day. Nemo was a blast, especially sitting right by the stage; For once, it seems that everyone on the raft at Kali gets wet; Met Goofy & Pluto as leaving :D; and was able to have a lunch of onion rings at Flame Tree BBQ as rain poured on around 3pm.

EDIT - Drat! TODAY is the 13th! I meant the 12th! Anyway to change the title of a thread, mods?

EDIT - Changed the title. :) O wait perhaps not. :fork:

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
OK, here are those pics!

New Tree of Life landscaping. Really improves the area, IMO.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Restaurantosaurus Refillable Drink Station! :sohappy:

picture.php

picture.php

Dinoland $10 Merchandise Cart

picture.php

Pin Prices:

picture.php

Island Mercantile:

picture.php

picture.php

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
A quick look at the Hidden Donald at KS:

picture.php

And Nemo...

picture.php

And a last pic of Everest, from the Flame tree BBQ when being stuck there!

picture.php

Thanks for looking! :wave:

SWatsi

Have you replaced the pictures? I could see them before.

I think hwdelien was referring to not seeing 'donald' in the picture.

Disneyfan1981

I see the hidden Donald, its faint but if I'm not mistaken its contained in the circle here:

user52426pic78161247491.jpg

The eye in the middle, the bill to the left and the hat to the top right. Not sure if its intentional or if its just something that you can filter out by wanting to see it.

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
OK, it's back to its first form. Sorry about the confusion before! :wave:

Disneyfan1981:
Yes, that's the eyes! It's hard to take a good pic of it on KS. :)
tonganprince: You just reminded me of something else I saw in Creature Comforts. There was a WDCC Roger Rabbit figurine being sold there. I didn't grab a pic of it, though. Here's what it looks like:

WDCC-WHO-FRAMED-ROGER-RABBIT---TWO-BITS-I.jpg

RSoxNo1

It's definitely a hidden Donald, just not the best angle. It's not as good as the Hidden Jafar that's in the Pangani Forest trail, but it's still pretty cool.

Also, I really like the new landscaping in the first photo.

sweetpee_1993

OK, here are those pics!

New Tree of Life landscaping. Really improves the area, IMO.

picture.php

picture.php

Wow! That landscaping by the ToL looks great. I don't think I was aware there was a little stream there before. It'll look better, more natural and less "gardened" when it matures a little but kudos on revealing that there's water there. :sohappy:

And the crispy treats box....OMG....I'm drooling....I loooove me some Disney crispy treats! Oh what I wouldn't give to have that box!!! :slurp::slurp::slurp:

Animaniac93-98

A note about those DVDs, they suck. Awful looking video masters are used more ofetn than not and in the case of The Wind and the Willows, you're better off just buying The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. It looks much better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom