Animal Kingdom and Tarzan Theater Photo Update

peter11435

Original Poster
This is just a quick photo update today. I went to AK for a few hours this morning. The first thing you now notice is that there are crews digging and removing all of the grass in front of the park. I am talking about the grass around the bus stop paths and tram stop. Hopefully they will be properly landscaping this area. The grass that was there never looked that great anyway. Who knows they may just put down new grass. Time will tell.

Work at the former Tarzan Theater is progressing well. There is now a crane on site. As you can see in the photos they have begun to prepare for what looks like a new path down by the waters edge. I have no idea what this will be for.

In other news I had one of my best safaris ever today. There were a ton of animals out and about. I had reported a week ago that three of the geysers were now working. For months none had been working at all. Well, today seven of the geysers were now fixed and working great. Its a small detail but makes that part of the ride so much better.

The last two pictures are of trees (obviously). These trees have started blooming all over WDW the last week or so. They really look great in person. The best (not pictures) is in front of the Living Seas. There must be a dozen of these between the Land and the Living Seas. These two were taken at MK and Epcot. But the trees are really all over the place.

Just click any of the photos to see a much larger version.

orlandorealtor

Interesting about the path near the theater. You'll get a pretty clear view of the Everest warehouse from there I'd imagine. But as you said, who knows.

TomorrowlandTyler

Thank You!, I always love your Updates
smiley_1204.gif

imagineersrock

Thanks Peter. As usual, another good update.

I know it's a tiny detail- but I find it great to hear that all the geysers are working now because that means they are actually working (slowly but surely) on that finale scene over at KS. Now lets just get that Jeep effect back in there!

I'm always one to complain when effects go down and stay unfixed, so I should also be the first to applaud them when things finally do get fixed. Thanks to whoever made the repairs, glad to hear they're up and running again.

BwanaBob

Alrighty, Pete...

What were the chances that we passed each other again???

(here's my pic... totally not planned...)
epcot.JPG

BTW... my allergies are KILLING me around the parks... especially at AK.

I'm a mess. Benadryl is my friend.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
orlandorealtor said:
Interesting about the path near the theater. You'll get a pretty clear view of the Everest warehouse from there I'd imagine. But as you said, who knows.

That path is probably for a spill over exit like they have in the Indiana Jones show down at the front right corner

peter11435

Original Poster
orlandorealtor said:
Yeah, I didn't think about that. I guess if they landscape the path well you might not be able to see the warehouse.

BeachClub1 said:
Thank You!, I always love your Updates
smiley_1204.gif

Thank You.

BwanaBob said:
What were the chances that we passed each other again???

Wow, it looks like we both took the exact same photo. My photo was taken yesterday afternoon. When did you take your.

BwanaBob

peter11435 said:
Wow, it looks like we both took the exact same photo. My photo was taken yesterday afternoon. When did you take your.
Just before 5pm yesterday... headed clockwise around the lagoon.

peter11435

Original Poster
imagineersrock said:
I know it's a tiny detail- but I find it great to hear that all the geysers are working now because that means they are actually working (slowly but surely) on that finale scene over at KS. Now lets just get that Jeep effect back in there!

Just to clairfy I said 7 geysers were working, but they were not all working. There were two that were not working at all. But still 7 out of 9 is very good considing 3 weeks ago none were working.

Obviously the jeep and the smoke at the camp fire were still not working.

imagineersrock

peter11435 said:
Just to clairfy I said 7 geysers were working, but they were not all working. There were two that were not working at all. But still 7 out of 9 is very good considing 3 weeks ago none were working.

Obviously the jeep and the smoke at the camp fire were still not working.
Thanks for clarifying. 7 out of 9 isn't bad though- and I'm sure the other two will be fixed soon, because as recent as this past weekend only 3 were working and as you've stated just 3 weeks ago none were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom