Animal Kingdom After Hours Advice

Worldlover71

Hi Friends,

My mother and I will be making a quick stop off at WDW to attend the Animal Kingdom after hours event on our way home from visiting south Florida. I decided to do the event because neither of us has ever been to AK after dark or seen Pandora.

Everything I have read online has been about the winter After Hours events. It seems that in the winter, all of the attractions with live animals close before the 7pm After Hours arrival time. This does not seem to be the case in the summer.

Here is my current plan:
Arrive before 7pm so we can enter right when they start allowing AH event ticket holders to enter.
Go straight to Pandora-not to ride anything, just to see it in the daylight.
Ride Kilimanjaro Safari around 8pm to hopefully see some of the "sunset" features (got a FP+ for 7:20-8:20)
See Rivers of Light (FP+) and the Tree of Life Awakenings
Ride Dinosaur and Everest and possibly see ITTBABug
Go back to Pandora to see it after dark and ride the attractions (probably numerous times!)

My questions are:
How does this plan sound to others?
Are there any M&Gs after 7pm? During the AH event?
I do not see Kali River Rapids on the list of (winter) attractions. Is it available during the summer AH events?

Thanks for the input.

mimsy

Hello! My mother and I did the Animal Kingdom After Hours Event last December and had a wonderful time! I think the current plan that you have made sounds great! You will definitely have time to do all the attractions and some of them multiple times. Honestly the best part of the party, in my opinion, was looking around and having no one around us! It was like we owned the park! The only ride that had any sort of wait was Flight of Passage, but that was only because of the wait for the theaters to open. The wait was only about 10 to 20 minutes, nothing crazy. All the other rides were walk-ons. I personally didn't see any M&G's during the AH event, but I wasn't actively looking for them either. Kali River Rapids was also closed during our AH event.

My only advice is to get to the park earlier than you might think. My mom and I left an extra 30 minutes early and we ended up getting there right on time. Since we were heading to the park so late from POFQ, we had to sit through the bus dropping off park goers at POR. This made the commute a lot longer than we initially thought it would be.

I hope you and your mother have a wonderful time at your AH event! We had a splendid time and I'm sure you guys will too!

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

Original Poster
Does anyone know if there are any character Meet and Greets at the After hours event? Are the characters still around at 7pm when we are allowed in?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom