Animal Kindom Resort Transportation

Roger321

:)

Hi all.

I am planning a trip and am sold on the Animal Kindom Resort. One of the few criticisms I have heard is that it can take quite a long time to get to the other parks. Is this true? Does anyone recall the bus ride? Any input would be welcome.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
mhead said:
Actually the transportation was the only good thing about this resort when I was there in early Feb.

I was there 4 Feb - 11 Feb... What was not good? The whole resort was great! We had rooms a fairly long walk from the lobby, but we got to look out at different savannas along the way, which was wonderful. We spent a few hours on Arusha Rock, talking with the CMs about the different animals, which was wonderful. We didn't have any problems at all with the resort or its staff.

Upvote 0

mhead

MontyMon said:
I was there 4 Feb - 11 Feb... What was not good? The whole resort was great! We had rooms a fairly long walk from the lobby, but we got to look out at different savannas along the way, which was wonderful. We spent a few hours on Arusha Rock, talking with the CMs about the different animals, which was wonderful. We didn't have any problems at all with the resort or its staff.

I was there the exact same time as you. Well we were placed a LONG way from the lobby - and we had a disabled guest in the party - then we were given one room with a king bed - which would not work and when I called the front desk to talk about it the CM was VERY rude and told me that it was up to Disney what room we were placed in. He also said the only way it could be changed was to get a smoking room. I went to the front to see what could be done and a nice CM there fixed the problem in no time. So I guess there was one more good thing.

The whole place was too dark, too grungy feeling, very un-Disney like and POORLY designed in my opinion. The rooms were also really small - seemed smaller than moderate rooms to me - but I think it is because of all the crap in the room.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
mhead said:
I was there the exact same time as you. Well we were placed a LONG way from the lobby - and we had a disabled guest in the party - then we were given one room with a king bed - which would not work and when I called the front desk to talk about it the CM was VERY rude and told me that it was up to Disney what room we were placed in. He also said the only way it could be changed was to get a smoking room. I went to the front to see what could be done and a nice CM there fixed the problem in no time. So I guess there was one more good thing.

The whole place was too dark, too grungy feeling, very un-Disney like and POORLY designed in my opinion. The rooms were also really small - seemed smaller than moderate rooms to me - but I think it is because of all the crap in the room.

Fair 'nuff. I'm the disabled party in our party :eek:, some of the walking was problematic, so I see where you're coming from there. I actually didn't think to ask to be moved. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the theming of the hotel, I loved it. It is darker and not "Disney-ish", but I thought it was very "African" and well suited to AK. But if you were expecting more Disney theming, I can see where it would be disappointing. We had two Queen beds and found the room to be a good size, nowhere to dance, but fine for our needs.

Hope the hotel didn't significantly detract from your vacation?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom