Animal Crossing [DS] Help Please :)

Jellyfish

Original Poster
I bought it ages abo but only just started playing it a couple of days ago. On first impressions its good but:

So i completed the part time work bit, and got invited to Hopper's birthday party thing. So what do i do in the meantime?:veryconfu

JimboJones123

GC version was fun for about 3 weeks. Then never touched it again. Hope they added more than harvest, fish, talk to series of people, and add crap to your room.

Look into changing your DS clock to holidays. Fun stuff happens.

Horizons1

Major holidays don't occur in the DS version. The were removed for some very odd reason.

What you'll do now is fish, catch bugs, plant new fruits, fill the museum, etc. I know it sounds boring, but it becomes very addicting and a lot of fun. And you can visit other people's towns on WiFi. You have to exchange friend codes of course.

JimboJones123

Well that sucks about the holidays. They had fireworks on the 4th. Snow on Xmas, you even got a present from Santa I think. Also you had something special for your birthday.

Horizons1

You still get something for your birthday. And NYE is in the game too. Other than that though, there aren't any real holidays. But the seasons still change when the time is right. During August, fireworks happen almost every night. In January, there's the Bright Nights event where the houses are all decked out in Christmas lights.

Various little odds and ends are abound in the game, but I wish real holidays were included in the DS version.

Horizons1

You'll have to buy a net, a fishing rod, and a shovel from Tom Nook. Then go out and have at it.

It's obvious how you use the net and the fishing rod. Whenever you see a bug or a fish, just go for it.

You'll find fossils by digging in certain spots in the ground. The ground will look different from normal where there are fossils.

Pictures for the museum come from Crazy Redd's, so be on the look out for him. Be advised though, they aren't cheap. :D

Go shake the trees around your town, you may find something other than fruit in them. And if you feel angry, or not, feel free to hit rocks with your shovel. You might get something from it.

Get friendly with the citizens in your town and write them a letter with a fruit as a gift. They might just send you something back.

And of course, don't forget every Saturday night at 8, a special guest comes to The Roost. The Roost is located in the bottom of the museum.

Hope that helps some. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :wave:

Jellyfish

Original Poster
Ahhhh ok cool thanks!

Who's crazy redd though? I know Hopper, Poncho, Drake and Nook but thats it i think lol

Horizons1

Lol, it's all good. It took me a while to figure some things out too. You know that paying the loan off your house will get you a bigger one, right?

And maybe you can come visit my town or vice-versa over WiFi. If I sound anxious to do it, it's because I am. No one I know has the game. lol.

Jellyfish

Original Poster
That'd be cool. I'm the same i only know a couple of people who go on forums that have it (it was on their recommendation that i bought the game) and i haven't been able to get hold of them yet. So yay for someone who i get hold of :sohappy:

Though i'm waiting till i can get into town so i can get Mario Kart, i've played on my mates one and its awesome. And brother goes back to school tomorrow so i'll probably get into town then first thing lol, my wages are burning a hole in my pocket so it's a must :p

Jellyfish

Original Poster
I met crazy redd! lol, but i need a password or something. ''What would you say about Life Expectancy?'' any idea's of the answer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom