Animal Care Jobs

flipadeeflop

Original Poster
Hello,

I am moving to south eastern MA at the beginning of October. I am currently working at Farm Sanctuary in upstate NY caring for farm animals. I am interested in continuing working with animals, whether it be farm animals (not being used for food), companion animals, wildlife, etc. Does anyone know of any places in the area that I could apply? I have been emailing some shelters and kennels, but would like to broaden my search. Does anyone own their own company in the area or work for a wonderful company in the area that is hiring (even if it isn't working with animals)? I am also an illustrator so would be interested in jobs for that as well. Thanks!!

Tim_4

Where in South Eastern MA? Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence is excellent if that's not too far. It's about 1/2 hour from Foxboro/Taunton/Fall River.

Tim_4

Yeah I'd look into Roger Williams and Buttonwood Park Zoos. You might have to start as an intern because zoos typically only hire people who have worked in other AZA-accredited institutions in the past.

Nemo14

Good advice!
Some other possibilities would be the Alton Jones campus of the University of RI, Save the Bay, or the Audobon Society. They may be able to steer you in the right direction.

Nemo14

Just bear in mind that right now RI has a very high unemployment rate, so jobs are pretty scarce. You might not find that ideal job right away, but keep at it, and be willing to start out with a job that might not be your dream job right away.

Nemo14

Good for you! I'm not familiar with them personally, but it does look interesting. Good luck with your search!

dave&di

Good luck! My parents run a Wildlife Rescue Charity which I work for, caring for sick and injured wildlife, it's a shame were in England though!! It's a very rewarding job, though sometimes sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom