Android smart watches...which apps to have?

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Getting a LG Urbane for Christmas... Wondering what apps are must have? Where do you get your watch faces? What do you like/dislike about the adroid smart watches?
This isn't a Apple vs Android debate. I own all Android gear, but have no issue with the big Apple. I know they have a strong following here, but, there has to be some Android users on this board!

EricPZ

I've had my Moto 360 Gen 2 for about a year now. Most app that provide notifications on your phone, will also push to your watch. For me, it's mostly texts & ball scores. I also have linked to my Google Fit so I get steps updates. As for watch faces, there are lots available via Google Play and they are customizable. Most come with a free version which, if you like it, have a premium option for a buck or two. It really depends on what you're looking for in a watch face.

Basically, I use my watch to allow me to take my phone out of my pocket much less often. Heck, when I have my bluetooth headset connected, I don't even have to touch my phone to answer a call...I can just swipe my watch face.

There's very little I don't like about it. Battery life is good. And, with Android Wear 2.0 coming out, things like tracking steps away from your phone, will then be added.

Hope this helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom