And you have to wonder if Disney computer security has suffered due to out-sourcing

seascape

You do realize the OITNB episodes were stolen from a sound studio in USA - right?

Also, this isn't theme park news.
True its not theme park news but it is interesting. I will still go to see the movies I want to see on the big screen even if they were available to watch on my computer, tablet or smart TV. I refuse to buy bootlegged DVDs or support any criminal organization. I am glad Disney won't pay and hope everyone goes to the theater to watch the movie.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It could be argued that it is at least potentially theme park-related, since Disney is pushing guests more and more online and onto their app and thus something like a hack leading to the release of a feature film could have more far-reaching impact. If something like this has happened, could guest data potentially be next as an attack target? It's worth questioning how this happened and how high of a priority IT security has within TWDC. Sure, you'll get the standard official boiler plate response out of Disney, but that doesn't mean questions shouldn't be asked.

Bolt

True its not theme park news but it is interesting. I will still go to see the movies I want to see on the big screen even if they were available to watch on my computer, tablet or smart TV. I refuse to buy bootlegged DVDs or support any criminal organization. I am glad Disney won't pay and hope everyone goes to the theater to watch the movie.
I think 99% of the public wouldn't go to a pirate site to watch those movies. Wouldn't you be afraid they embedded something that would just hack your computer too? (also not sure if people who go to pirate sites are big Cars fans).

SosoDude

I saw an article that said the hackers did indeed pirate the POTC movie and want a ransom or they will release the movie in 20 minute increments until the ransom is paid.

Minthorne

Read the name of the forum buddy.

It was moved to the right place after I said that, buddy.

My-Buddy.jpg

kap91

As someone working in the film industry, I can say any leak from a studio is much less likely to be due to any outsourcing, and much more because the film industry is only starting to understand security in a digital world. Things are nowhere near as protected as you probably think - at least partially just because of the nature of needing easy access to materials by a bunch of people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom