And things were going so well...

crazy4mandms

Just A Big Thanks to Just a Big Kid

Just a Big Kid wrote "and remember, Disney makes us feel good and positive when the state of the world is in dire need of something positive. Keep your head up.."

Thanks for that...the last month in my life has been very difficult..death of my cousin and unexpected death of my father, murder of a family friend, another close family friend is dying of cancer. I graduate with a degree in education and there is absolutely no vacancies to be had so I will be unemployed for awhile it seems. But I didn't write this to gain sympathy or whine, I am writing to thank you for your post. We are going to WDW in May and lately I have been having an uneasy feeling about that with unemployment looming and a general sense of gloom over things that have happened. Your simple words gave me a reason to believe that there is no other place to be in May than at DisneyWorld with my family!!! I NEED this trip and I am going to have 10 days of pure JOY with my family..Life is too short!! I am going to feel good and positive and will have a grand time!!! There is no more doubt in my mind!! Thanks for the boost!!

Well I know disney is desperate for business. We were planning on going in April but the best they had was $404 for a garden view Polynesian room. My DH will only stay at a deluxe so we talked to the kids and took a family vote. We decided that Disney was just pricing us right out of our vacation budget. We decided to wait until July and go to the Polynesian during value season for a much longer period, 10 days and maybe the Beach Club too. We decided with the extra money we are saving we can have a few extra meals (buffets or character and the kids could have more souveniers). We will buy season passes but I definetely won't go during the more expensive times of the years. I am sorry but I feel like the mouse was really trying to stick it to me for $404 a night. I am sure it will be very expensive at christmas and the only reason we may go then and put up with spending the astronomical rate is because its one of our DS 16th birthday and we really dont have any extended family left to spend the holidays with so we thought this might be a great family time. I know Disney will generally tolerate whatever the market can bear. But do you realize that many times when we go I always see their advertisements on the roads going into the park that there are rooms available, does any one know if these are discounted rooms? Well there is my two cents.

mickey04

Original Poster
Originally posted by FormerCM
Flying in 3 weeks to Miami and Disney in Sept, you can't stop living.

Absolutely. i think that is the attitude that you must have in these times- and it seems like a lot of people don't (hence the sagging attendance.)

I have been to WDW twice since 9/11 and I've fown countless other times. I never even considered not flying anywhere because of the 1 in a million possibility terrorist attack. Its just not worth living in fear.

imagineer boy

When I recently went to Disneyland the crowds were surprising. Someone on these forums said that when I would be going, the crowds would be the lowest all year! When I went there, the crowds were about average. I was quite surprised!

jaimjaim25

I really dont think its all because everyones scared to travel.... I think it's because no one has money to travel.. I know of 23 people who all lost jobs in the past year.. including me and my father :( Then we found other jobs that pay HALF of what we used to make.... Plus living in NJ makes it all the worse, cuz you got all the richy people that work in the city that still have their jobs, so of course the prices of things around here don't get any lower for US.. No, they stay at (ex. $1200 a month FOR A ONE BEDROOM APT!!!) REDICULOUS!!!

TURKEY

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
I really dont think its all because everyones scared to travel.... I think it's because no one has money to travel.. I know of 23 people who all lost jobs in the past year.. including me and my father :( Then we found other jobs that pay HALF of what we used to make.... Plus living in NJ makes it all the worse, cuz you got all the richy people that work in the city that still have their jobs, so of course the prices of things around here don't get any lower for US.. No, they stay at (ex. $1200 a month FOR A ONE BEDROOM APT!!!) REDICULOUS!!!

I agree. It's not that people are afraid to travel due to war/terrorism.

Vacations are extras that any extra income people have. When people go from good jobs and good income to no job or worse income, what money you have goes to necessities and less becomes discretionary income that can be spent on frivolous things like a trip to WDW.

jaimjaim25

Originally posted by Just A Big Kid
Another thing people need to remember be it Disney or whoever, people are loosing jobs at a rapid rate. Companies abroad are cutting people out in hopes to line their pockets with gold once again. Who gets hurt.. we all do. Whether we personally loose our jobs, we are affected by those who do. This is a tough time in America, there isn't many positive things to think about, but one gleaming thing to remember here, times will get better. Companies will start hiring again, moral will once again come up. And this isn't the first time Disney has seen hardships so keep all of your heads up and remember, Disney makes us feel good and positive when the state of the world is in dire need of something positive. Keep your head up..:)

EXACTLY!! Plus even though Disney is losing $$ they are no where near bankrupt or anything.. really its just that It was soo over crowed and more people attended at one point, where now, attendance is LOWER than it used to be... If they really had problems, they would probably stop building more attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc... I for one lost my job Dec 15, 01 (worked at AT&T for 5 years)and i know alot of people that lost their jobs too. It should turn around in a few 'years?' i hope

pheneix

>>>If they really had problems, they would probably stop building more attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc...<<<

You know, that is exactly what they have done.

jaimjaim25

No, they are building new things still.. they just knocked down a part of The Disney Institute, just to build another resort over it.. that was not necessary...

joeluvsdisney

I am a disney shareholder and will be to the day i die. I dont care about some crazy forgein ______________. Im going to WDW and the disney cruise line 3/13/03-3/20/03 no matter what. I have been looking forward to this trip since last march's disney cruise. About the security before the park entrance. you wait on lines any way so you have one more line so what. want to know what good!! this way I feel safe and dont have to worry about anything else except having fun.

Also i am EX-U.S AIR FORCE I love this country and that little mouse in that the man that created him. although i love tigger

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
42 trip and im only 21 i am one spoiled disney brat

3 days woohoo
3/13/03-3/20/03
polyinesian and then the disney wonder

some day youll find it the rainbow connection the lovers the dreamers and me

its not easy being green

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom