And the winner of WDWs worst advertising idea goes to

RememberWhen

Love the little duck commercial. But this one…
This one is the best, but also the worst, because it borders on evil.

I watched it without the sound and I’m still crying! My daughter (only 4) says “Mama, why are you sad?” And I just gave her a big hug. They do get big too fast and we just canceled our October trip, which thankfully we hadn’t told the kids about.

TrojanUSC

Nothing will rival the reopening commercial from July 2020 when Florida was at the peak of its COVID outbreak. It was being parodied so bad and recut as a nightmare apocalypse clip by so many that they pulled the spot.

Original:

Fan Edit Example:

BHF

Original Poster
Nothing will rival the reopening commercial from July 2020 when Florida was at the peak of its COVID outbreak.
Yeah, the timing of that one couldn't have been worse. I remember Jimmy Fallon or Conan O'Brien saying it gave off a vibe of a creeper in a old van saying "Come in! There's nothing to fear here. Come in!" lol

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
I remember that rapping Seven Dwarfs ad! I had to be 11 going on 12 when that was out. I always found it funny. Yeah, my tastes were cringe back then, but I've come out fine and enjoy Hanna-Barbera and am an AE superfan...

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
This one makes my eyes water every single time :cry:❤️
I cried for a different reason.

That came out in 1996, no? Seeing that makes me realize World of Motion's removal was kinda the beginning of the end for EPCOT. Test Track may have had Mentok the Mind-Taker (and even then, he got replaced in 2012), but that kinda predicted Disney's future that they need more "non-educational" stuff in EPCOT. At least Test Track was edutainment, unlike COSMIC WALTIN' REWIND.

BHF

Original Poster
It appears that Disney does great commercials more often than stinkers.
I agree. The dwarfs rapping was a rare misfire.

As for ones that I love that haven't been mentioned already, there's the classic, "I'm Going To Disney World" song ad from the 80s. The one with just a chorus singing Be Our Guest as it showed quick scenes around WDW. One where this couple was going to WDW for the first time, and the man was all stuffy about it, thinking it was childish and didn't want to go... yet by the end of the ad, HE was the one begging his wife... "Just one more ride please!" The one showing two small children packing for a upcoming trip, while the older brother tells the little brother all the fun things to do once they get to WDW... and at the end of the ad he says something like "We're all packed and ready now... we leave in 3 weeks." 🤣

Too many good ones to count.

BHF

Original Poster
You haven't seen The Splash Mountain Rap.....Have you?
Interesting story to that one. Ride isn't open yet, so we'll rap about it. Rap magically makes the ride open. The end.
92021.jpeg

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
How about the WDW advert on the Lion King VHS? The voice of experience XD "Rule number 2: don't eat before you go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!" (cue today's kids going "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?") "And Goofy is way bigger than he is on TV! In real life, Goofy could probably beat up Dad." Makes me wanna see a fight between Goofy and Dad...

Goofyernmost

I was in my 60's when the Seven Dwarfs ad was run. Unlike those of you that are stiff as a board, I thought it was a fun idea and a fine way to blow the old dust off an ancient property. However, heaven forbid that anything different should seem to offend those cartoon characters turned foam head characters and show any degree of something interesting. There is a good reason why they pay their upper management as much as they do, it must be a terribly frustrating job trying to make the museum lovers happy and come up with new ideas at the same time.

J_Carioca

I was in my 60's when the Seven Dwarfs ad was run. Unlike those of you that are stiff as a board, I thought it was a fun idea and a fine way to blow the old dust off an ancient property. However, heaven forbid that anything different should seem to offend those cartoon characters turned foam head characters and show any degree of something interesting. There is a good reason why they pay their upper management as much as they do, it must be a terribly frustrating job trying to make the museum lovers happy and come up with new ideas at the same time.
It's not about it being different, it's about it being super cheesy and embarrassing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom