And Now For Something Completely Different !

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Whoa!!! Calamari yes,but mountain oysters? Am I right in saying these are known as Rocky Mountain Oysters ??.
You would be correct.

I actually prefer my squid/octopus stir fried in a garlic sauce. There is a Chinese place here in Kansas where I live that does an excellent dish with it that way. Acquired taste for sure given the texture. But the older I get, the more texture is as important to flavor for me.

HouCuseChickie

A very happy birthday to Mrs. Hatter :) We're celebrating DH's today as well (w/a cake fit for a Puma;)), but his is actually tomorrow. As for the question, I can't think of anything I've had at WDW that is so mind blowingly different from anything I've had before...but I think this is more likely to be the case if you're an adventurous eater, have lived a lot of places, and/or traveled a bit too. I swear, sometimes some of the most WOW things I've had at WDW are just new takes on old standards...like some of the fun cupcake flavors, kicked up mac & cheese, etc.

HouCuseChickie

Happy Birthday Mrs.!:) Another restaurant added to my must do list: Bongos!;)
Rose& crown had an appetizer tray w/ different "tastes" of England. One was an egg w/ sausage in it I think? It was actually good, and so was all of the other delightful little morsels.;) Of course, it all had names, but I can't remember.:eek:

Was it a Scotch Egg that you had?

Disvillain63

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Hatter!!!

Hatter, I have to say that the menu you listed sounded like home to me and not anything unusual...some great 'southern' recipes and flavors.:D As for adventurous or unusual tastings at WDW, I would have to say Akerhus before it became a princess buffet. We took the DS and DD to it when they were young. We wanted to experience a new cuisine, something they wouldn't normally eat. The 'cold' lunch with a variety of fish and salads was not to our liking...I like my salmon cooked, not smoked...it seemed to raw too all of us.:(

WDW 3

And where I live Mexican and Chinese restaurants are about as ethnic as it gets. And both are not authentic... sort of tweeked for the folks up here :). Some of the items at Boma were unique for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom