... And here's what we missed:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Earlier today, I shared some new dining experiences during our recent trip, 9/23 - 10/02.
The following is what we never got around to trying/visiting, despite our best intentions.

POR - Magic Cookie Bars. We spent too much time in POFQ (which we had never visited before) and just never made it over.

Beaches & Cream - Grilled Banana Bread with peanut butter sauce and caramelized bananas. This was our number one favourite OOP treat last year. Despite being in the Boardwalk area numerous times, it was mainly to dine at Cape May Cafe, and who pays OOP after dining at a buffet? Not me.

Sleepy Hollow - Waffles with Nutella and fruit. We actually did go to Sleepy Hollow. My nephew used a snack credit for the funnel cake, and my SIL got distracted by the seasonal Pumpkin Waffle, for which she paid OOP. It was nasty. Tasted almost like beer, which put us off trying the Nutella version, which is often described as being "yeasty". Turns out, we don't like yeast.

Starring Rolls - Butterfinger and Red Velvet Cupcakes. Not sure why, but didn't happen. We were at DHS 3 or 4 times, but never for very long, except for ADR's at Sci-Fi and 50's. I guess we could have picked them up to go, but Starring Rolls closes pretty early.

Sunshine Seasons - We didn't eat here at all this trip. Sorry @blackthidot, but no Strawberry Shortcake for us this year.

Kringla Bakery (Norway) - School Bread, and Ham & Apple sandwich. The inclusion of my picky, picky nephew meant we had to skip some old favourites, out of deference to him. He never kicked up a fuss, and was more than happy to eat at Casey's (twice) and the Liberty Inn (American Pavilion), before watching his two aunties eat more adventurous food; however, I tried to pick places where we could all eat together.

Boulangerie Patisserie (France) - See above.

Tangierine Cafe (Morocco) - Ditto

After two consecutive trips of bringing a kid that wasn't mine, next year will be hubby and I in one room, and SIL, her will-be 21 year old daughter and daughter's fiance in another room. No more tip-toeing around delicate appetites. Although, the first time I took said 21 year old, she had become a vegetarian a couple of months before leaving. Thankfully, she has rejoined the dark side!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I never seem to get the Butterfinger cupcake either, usually hubby and I share something there and he always convinces me the chocolte peanut butter one is the way to go. Next time Butterfinger! I always want to go to beaches and cream too, even when we stayed at the Beach Club we did't fit it in. We will have to do some better scheduling, I want a No Way Jose! :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Gotta ask...How was Cape May? I have been thinking of canceling our reservations.
We had breakfast and dinner there, both this year and last year as well.
We enjoy it. The breakfast is a character meal, but much less chaotic and rushed than Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace. Breakfast food is breakfast food, but the scrambled eggs with four cheese and chorizo is particularly good; as is the oatmeal.
Dinner is without characters, and offers an array of seafood (crab legs, clams, and other stuff I don't eat), as well as pasta, carved meat, potatoes, fish, etc. My only complaint - no gravy for the mashed potatoes. The salad with walnuts and blue cheese is particularly good.
It's also nice and handy to slip in the back door to Epcot for a couple of hours, watch IllumiNations, and then back out, bypassing most of the crowds at the front exit.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I never seem to get the Butterfinger cupcake either, usually hubby and I share something there and he always convinces me the chocolte peanut butter one is the way to go. Next time Butterfinger! I always want to go to beaches and cream too, even when we stayed at the Beach Club we did't fit it in. We will have to do some better scheduling, I want a No Way Jose! :)
We actually went to B & C last year for the No Way Jose. It was good, but nothing compared to the grilled banana bread. My SIL and I let the kids eat the sundae, and gobbled up our banana bread as quickly as we could. This year, we had planned to get one each - with extra peanut butter sauce. Forget this sharesie nonsense!
Of all the things we didn't fit in this year, this is my biggest regret.

Sparkle81

You've actually made me think that I should start making my list of things I want to try on my upcoming trip. Red velvet cupcakes at Starring Rolls and strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons are definitely going on it.
Glad you had a good trip :)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Gotta ask...How was Cape May? I have been thinking of canceling our reservations.

We ate at Cape May on the 22nd for dinner and it was still fine. They've cut back on the baked goods over the past two years, but I'm there for crab and shrimp. If you wait for the steam hoods to open before you go for legs, you won't be disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom