An Overdue Update

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Here we go again:

- Typhoon Lagoon CMs, you should be getting the details on the new expansion adjacent to Crush where the "boneyard" is located and where the fairly new basketball court is located. The last I heard, this will become official in late August / early September. Construction should begin in November with the major work being done in the scheduled two month refurbishment.

The ride concept is one in which guests will grab a single rider float, and ride a conveyor to the top of the attraction. From there, guests will be dropped into the start pool where they will either paddle (hands and feet only) to the slide of their choice (three slide options), or they will be bounced into a slide by the continuing flow of riders behind them. Once riders go down the slide, they will be dumped into a secondary pool in which they have two slide options that they can either paddle to or be bumed into. Finally, guests will arrive at one of three final pools in which they may once again choose, or be bumped into, one of two slides. The final slide segments (of which there are three) feature themed, special componenets. One is a modified funnel drop, one is a ride through a themed structure by way of water-jets, and the other is half-pipe in which water-jets push riders up the sides of the half-pipe walls.

- The pop-up ghosts are now gone in the Haunted Mansion attic scene. Unfortunately, the new ghosts were deemed too frightening because they "lunged" towards the vehicles. Although the plan had been to have their heads turned to a more comical face during the day, and only after dark have them turned to a more frightening face, the decision was made and that is that. You will be able to see these props in the graveyard scene, although they will be stationary and I am unaware of their determined location within that scene at this time.

- Much work is being done right now on the incoming attraction at Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. The cinematic attraction is roughly two years away, but hopes are high that we can have it completed six months earlier.

- The Imagination! Pavillion at Epcot is going to receive a major overhaul. Although the plans are absolutely not public at this time, I can confirm to you that the new layout will have the dark ride and theater spill guests into the downstairs "ImageWorks" section while the upstairs "ImageWorks" location will be totally transformed (the pyramids are staying). Both the dark ride and theater will have entrances accessible from the outside of the building, as well as the downstairs "ImageWorks" area.

I cannot comment further on the Imagination! changes, but I will release more information as it becomes less tightly controlled. Until that point, take your salt and let this one little spark of information tide you over...

RiversideBunny

Here we go again:
- The pop-up ghosts are now gone in the Haunted Mansion attic scene. Unfortunately, the new ghosts were deemed too frightening because they "lunged" towards the vehicles. Although the plan had been to have their heads turned to a more comical face during the day, and only after dark have them turned to a more frightening face, the decision was made and that is that. You will be able to see these props in the graveyard scene, although they will be stationary and I am unaware of their determined location within that scene at this time....

That's too bad. Seems like someone decided without even letting the guests have a say.

:mad:

drew81

Is Tony Baxter having anything to do with the Imagination update??? I know he's busy at DL right now, but I thought he might have some input on where the pavilion is heading.

comics101

- The Imagination! Pavillion at Epcot is going to receive a major overhaul. Although the plans are absolutely not public at this time, I can confirm to you that the new layout will have the dark ride and theater spill guests into the downstairs "ImageWorks" section while the upstairs "ImageWorks" location will be totally transformed (the pyramids are staying). Both the dark ride and theater will have entrances accessible from the outside of the building, as well as the downstairs "ImageWorks" area.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I don't think I can have enough of these little clappy guys when it comes to this statement!!

WDWFigment

Is Tony Baxter having anything to do with the Imagination update??? I know he's busy at DL right now, but I thought he might have some input on where the pavilion is heading.

I have concerns about this too, especially considering Baxter was to be the man on the job when this info was first leaked last summer. Hopefully it gets done right this time. Any idea when an official announcement might be made?

--After reading this, I now more than ever hope you are a legitimate source. I have been awaiting Imagination news for quite some time now...

ToTBellHop

That's too bad. Seems like someone decided without even letting the guests have a say.

:mad:
since when does Disney ask guests what they want in an attraction? They come up with their own ideas.

That TL slide complex sounds cool, but I'm very surprised that they can build all that in just a few months. It sounds like it would need to be very tall. Those funnel slides alone are enormous.

jedimaster1227

Much work is being done right now on the incoming attraction at Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. The cinematic attraction is roughly two years away, but hopes are high that we can have it completed six months earlier.

I cannot comment further on the Imagination! changes, but I will release more information as it becomes less tightly controlled. Until that point, take your salt and let this one little spark of information tide you over...

For the Main Street attraction, this one is new to me... Though I'm guessing it would be something in the vein of Disneyland's Mainstreet attractions.

As for Imagination, though it isn't news to me that there is an overhaul on the way, the change of layout with the theater and ride itself is new. The last I was told, the ride would use the existing layout and the theater would get a new show. Both areas would feed back into the upstairs Imageworks and the downstairs area would be re-purposed. I'm sure the speculation will be heavy, but I'm sure this news isn't far from what we have been hearing for a good while. Its near definite that Figment will be back without Channing, so the question is, what is the theme and who is Figment's "Finder" this time around... :animwink:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Before anyone naysays the multiple-choice-slide as unlikely..

The ride concept is one in which guests will grab a single rider float, and ride a conveyor to the top of the attraction. From there, guests will be dropped into the start pool where they will either paddle (hands and feet only) to the slide of their choice (three slide options), or they will be bounced into a slide by the continuing flow of riders behind them. Once riders go down the slide, they will be dumped into a secondary pool in which they have two slide options that they can either paddle to or be bumed into. Finally, guests will arrive at one of three final pools in which they may once again choose, or be bumped into, one of two slides. The final slide segments (of which there are three) feature themed, special componenets. One is a modified funnel drop, one is a ride through a themed structure by way of water-jets, and the other is half-pipe in which water-jets push riders up the sides of the half-pipe walls.

A very similiar tube slide used to exist at Adventure Island Tampa Bay. You'd slide down until you got to a splash-down pool, then a lifeguard would fling you down into the next portion. It wasn't really a "pipe" like most slides but rather soft foamy stuff build into the side of a landscaped mountain.

WDWFigment

For the Main Street attraction, this one is new to me... Though I'm guessing it would be something in the vein of Disneyland's Mainstreet attractions.

As for Imagination, though it isn't news to me that there is an overhaul on the way, the change of layout with the theater and ride itself is new. The last I was told, the ride would use the existing layout and the theater would get a new show. Both areas would feed back into the upstairs Imageworks and the downstairs area would be re-purposed. I'm sure the speculation will be heavy, but I'm sure this news isn't far from what we have been hearing for a good while. Its near definite that Figment will be back without Channing, so the question is, what is the theme and who is Figment's "Finder" this time around... :animwink:

I thought it was stated before that the ride would use the existing layout unless an expensive scene was added with Dreamfinder (presumably mimicking the beginning of the original attraction)? I certainly hope it doesn't use the existing layout, the new attraction seems so short compared with the original JII. Move that gift shop downstairs to Figment's Place and move ImageWorks entirely back upstairs! :sohappy:

JimboJones123

Before anyone naysays the multiple-choice-slide as unlikely..

A very similiar tube slide used to exist at Adventure Island Tampa Bay. You'd slide down until you got to a splash-down pool, then a lifeguard would fling you down into the next portion. It wasn't really a "pipe" like most slides but rather soft foamy stuff build into the side of a landscaped mountain.
Sounds like the old rapid rides that the Wet-N-Wild parks have/had. People run a part, then are send along to the next part. Sounds like a great theme with TONS of rerideability. These slides are also great becasue you can send floats down within a few seconds of eachother instead of the standard 30-40 seconds because the landings are always pools where the rafts would just bounce into eachother anyways.

JimboJones123

Here we go again:

- Typhoon Lagoon CMs, you should be getting the details on the new expansion adjacent to Crush where the "boneyard" is located and where the fairly new basketball court is located. The last I heard, this will become official in late August / early September. Construction should begin in November with the major work being done in the scheduled two month refurbishment.

- The pop-up ghosts are now gone in the Haunted Mansion attic scene. Unfortunately, the new ghosts were deemed too frightening because they "lunged" towards the vehicles. Although the plan had been to have their heads turned to a more comical face during the day, and only after dark have them turned to a more frightening face, the decision was made and that is that. You will be able to see these props in the graveyard scene, although they will be stationary and I am unaware of their determined location within that scene at this time.

- Much work is being done right now on the incoming attraction at Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. The cinematic attraction is roughly two years away, but hopes are high that we can have it completed six months earlier.

So the entrance and exit for the threater are swapping? Will that kill the Jumping waters if the Cue goes through that side? New ImageWorks would have to be HUGE if they are dumping all those people in at a time after a show. Philharmagic, Muppets, VotLM all dump straight into wide open areas for guest flow purposes. There will have to be PLENTY of things to do for the Hundreds of people coming out every 20 minutes.

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I thought it was stated before that the ride would use the existing layout unless an expensive scene was added with Dreamfinder (presumably mimicking the beginning of the original attraction)? I certainly hope it doesn't use the existing layout, the new attraction seems so short compared with the original JII. Move that gift shop downstairs to Figment's Place and move ImageWorks entirely back upstairs! :sohappy:

The layout change has come about because an overview of guest behavior showed that many guests only visited one of the attractions at the Imagination! pavillion rather than both. The layout change will hopefully allow guests to visit the second attraction after they ride their first. We expect this will result in the same boost that "Soarin'" brought to "Living with the Land."

Rob562

The layout change has come about because an overview of guest behavior showed that many guests only visited one of the attractions at the Imagination! pavillion rather than both. The layout change will hopefully allow guests to visit the second attraction after they ride their first. We expect this will result in the same boost that "Soarin'" brought to "Living with the Land."

Sounds about right. As you exit the current ImageWorks, the walkway turns you to the left so that you're walking *away* from HISTA. Going to HISTA and/or the jumping fountain plaza would require a U-turn after you're quite a distance away. (Though I think there *might* be a small stairway to your right when you exit ImageWorks, if it's there it's not very obvious.) Same thing with exiting HISTA, though at the bottom of the ramp you're much closer to the entrance to JIIwF than vice versa.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom