An memorable and economic trip to Disneyland

Disney Saving Guidance and Strategy

I just returned from Walt Disney World(WDW). I was there 7 days/6 nights. I paid $1,304 for the whole trip including American Airlines non-stop business class ($220 RT) and Port Orleans French Quarter at $99 per night but this is just one of the hotels we stayed in. This story need to rewind back in the summer holiday this year(2006), me and my boy friend- Max packed up all the stuff and prepare the feeling to one of our dream destination- WDW in Florida. The very first we do that will net us hundreds of extra dollars in our vacation account to help purchase Disney World tickets, trinkets, and meals at Disney before we went to Disney is analyse some guide. Some money-saving tip alone can make enough money to pay for all our meals in the park for the entire week. Below are some of the strategies that me and my boyfriend applied to spend a economic price but having the same excitement.

Firstly, if you're planning to stay on-site, and you don't mind switching hotels twice, I highly recommend staying at a non-Disney hotel the first and last night of your visit. On the first morning when you wake up, you can check-in early at your hotel and get your park passes. The resort hotels will store your bags for you, or you can keep them with you. Your passes are good as soon as you pick them up, which means you can spend the day at the park of your choice and actually move in to your room when you are through playing. On the morning you check out of the resort, your passes are valid until midnight. You get one fuller day of playing, and then you rest up at your off-site hotel before heading home. I personally saved nearly $400 on a 7 day vacation with this tactic, and I didn't lose any park time.

Secondly, you sure will buy some cold beverage during your time in the park especially if you are going in the summer time. My advice to you is avoided buying soda in the park. Get a 24 pack from the publics and pack a cooler. Just keep it in your locker. Also, your soda will not get hot, go into restaurants and ask for glasses of ice.

Thirdly, if you have decided to take the breakfast items from home then you must look at here because I had been told that milk was very expensive there. However, I found a GREAT alternative - there is ultra pasteurized milk called ‘Parmalat’. You can buy it at Wal-Mart which is located in the breakfast food walkway. The shelf life is 6 months unopened and 10 days after opening. It comes in square boxes that will lay flat and pack well. My boyfriend and I can tell the difference between the boxed and dairy case milk. The cost is $1.50 for 32 oz.

Fourth, we actually learned this one when we went to Disneyland. The water is horrible there, too! We filled our ice bucket the night before and accidentally let it melt. The water tasted much better than the tap water! Another night, we stayed at the Polynesian and we got our money's worth from the food they serve at the lounge and then some. We ate breakfast there and several lunches and dinners. We aren't big eaters, so it hit the spot. The cooks also made special treats for guests with special dietary needs. Plus, we could take all the bottled water we wanted. And we loaded up on the candy goodies and boxed cereal for the kids to snack on in the parks. Plus we had a great view of the Magic Kingdom from our balcony.

Fifth, Max and I really enjoy all of the sit-down restaurants at Walt Disney World, but they are way too expensive to eat at for all meals. To save money but still enjoy the dining experiences, we go to the local Wal-Mart and buy breakfast foods and individually packed snacks. We eat breakfast in our hotel and take the snacks to munch on during the day at the parks. Then we eat our "dinner" early, around 4:00 p.m. We still get the lunch price, usually, and because it is at an off-peak time, the restaurants usually aren't as crowded as the peak time.

Sixth, almost everybody who visits Walt Disney World cannot resist buying souvenirs, so do I!!! But the reality is, it's very pricy. However, I suggest to walk about 10 minutes away from Disney World, I forget which direction, is an outlet mall called ‘Belz’. It's a huge outlet mall, and in it there are 2 Disney closeout character stores. The prices are low and some of the items are discontinued so buy, buy, buy and save, save, save… Moreover, another good place to buy Disney souvenirs that I recommend is the Flea Market just east of Old Town. We found many items that where a 1/3 of the cost that where being sold on Disney site.

Above are some of the guides that I used when I and Max were in WDW back in August. However, I personally do not think that all the ideas above are usable to all. These are only the strategy that I recommend, so please just read it as reference because it may show a different result for different people. Nonetheless, I really enjoy the time with my boyfriend there in WDW and hoping for another trip there during the summer time again next year! During the time this year toward the next, we will share our experience with our entire friends here. God bless to all the reader who come read until this phase and for those who going to WDW in the coming winter time, you may need some guidance from an ex-staff of Disneyland and ‘Best-Selling Writer’, you can check out the following link:

‘The Ultimate Disney World Saving Guide’:sohappy:
http://tinyurl.com/y86ujg

davewasbaloo

Glad you had a good time.

But please be advised that you didn't go to Disneyland. You went to Walt Disney World.

Disneyland is in California.

Also there is Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disneyland, but only one Walt Disney World.

Also, I have to say that Disney restaurants are not that much more expensive than restaurants anywhere else in the real world. Would I be correct in the assumption that you do not vacation often?

I don't want to sound terrible, but my time and taste buds are too precious to take on board those tips, but if it works for some, great.

For more tips on how to save money, you may enjoy looking at Mousesaver.com as well.

Glad you had a good time though.

davewasbaloo

Fifth, Max and I really enjoy all of the sit-down restaurants at Walt Disney World, but they are way too expensive to eat at for all meals. Then we eat our "dinner" early, around 4:00 p.m. We still get the lunch price, usually, and because it is at an off-peak time, the restaurants usually aren't as crowded as the peak time.

I always find this a very useful way of doing things on a budget. This strategy works well as WDW, DL and DLP.

However, the Disney Dining plan seems to suit our needs even more now.

sharon516

Original Poster
Glad you had a good time.

But please be advised that you didn't go to Disneyland. You went to Walt Disney World.

Disneyland is in California.

Also there is Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disneyland, but only one Walt Disney World.

Also, I have to say that Disney restaurants are not that much more expensive than restaurants anywhere else in the real world. Would I be correct in the assumption that you do not vacation often?

I don't want to sound terrible, but my time and taste buds are too precious to take on board those tips, but if it works for some, great.

For more tips on how to save money, you may enjoy looking at Mousesaver.com as well.

Glad you had a good time though.

Thanks for your information...this is really my first trip to western country...haha....:eek:

tink rules

Also... stick around and read alot of posts... EVERYONE will be able to give you great tips on not only saving money... but also enjoy the resort more too!!! :)

Next time... also check in @ June or so... they may have the free dining again Late August and Sept (no guarantees of course...) and then you can enjoy more of the restaurants at WDW.... and save lots of money...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom