An Idea for a Dinner Cruise

montyz81

Original Poster
So, i have this idea for a dinner cruise. Disney should construct canal ways to all the parks and buy a boat made for dinner cruises. They could then offer a night time dinner cruise that goes from one park to the next and end up at one of the night time shows of MK or Epcot or DHS. Good idea? I bet the relative construction costs would be minimal.

CheriBibi

So, i have this idea for a dinner cruise. Disney should construct canal ways to all the parks and buy a boat made for dinner cruises. They could then offer a night time dinner cruise that goes from one park to the next and end up at one of the night time shows of MK or Epcot or DHS. Good idea? I bet the relative construction costs would be minimal.

Are there already Dinner Cruises at Walt Disney World ? If not, that sounds like a good idea in itself, no need for canalways does it ?

montyz81

Original Poster
I figured allot more people would comment on this idea.
I really think this could be pitched to disney imagineers.

DisneyJoe

Both Illuminations and Wishes specialty cruises exist already, with basic snacks and drinks, but both have the possibility of adding birthday cakes and decorations as well as private catered dining.

montyz81

Original Poster
Both Illuminations and Wishes specialty cruises exist already, with basic snacks and drinks, but both have the possibility of adding birthday cakes and decorations as well as private catered dining.
Agreed, but this would be a much more inclusive cruise and take people through all the parks. It could go into MK to where the Swan boats used to go, it could go to AK and cruise right by Everest, then off to DHS. They would have to build a canal through the park and to the current canal that transports people from Epcot to DHS ending in Epcot to watch Illuminations. Then the next day it could go in reverse to end at the Wishes fireworks in MK.

DisneyJoe

Probably cost prohibitive. Most of the water ways you discuss are surrounded by lots of land - and roads!

Also, they currently charge $210-$375 per hour for their current cruises, with very limited snacks/drinks on board. A dinner cruise of your scope would easily be in the $500-$750+++ range...

If you read the history of the construction of WDW here on wdwmagic, you'll see that one of the first things that they needed to do was engineer a way to maintain water levels across property, by creating a series of canals, levels and other mechanisms. This delicate balance and engineering would need to be taken into consideration to even attempt what you are proposing.

If you look at Google Maps, you will see how each park is almost self-contained as far as water features go.

JCAEdge21

there is NO way this would ever happen. and im not even sure if it would be possible. there's way too much land/water work that would have to be done, without the slightest flaw occuring for it to be successful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom