An Alternate Collaborative History of Disney World: Walt Lives!

KingMickey13

Original Poster
Hello everyone! This is an idea I’ve had for a little while, exploring the idea of what if Walt Disney stops smoking in the 1930s, and thus doesn’t die in 1966. This collaborative timeline will be centered around the theme parks, but it a film comes out that could affect the parks, that can be mentioned too. Nothing changes up to 1966…

Anyways, I’ll start:

December 15, 1966: A new television episode is released discussing tentative ideas for the Magic Kingdom, Disney World’s first theme park. Walt Disney himself presents this.

spacemt354

Chili's
Hello everyone! This is an idea I’ve had for a little while, exploring the idea of what if Walt Disney stops smoking in the 1930s, and thus doesn’t die in 1966. This collaborative timeline will be centered around the theme parks, but it a film comes out that could affect the parks, that can be mentioned too. Nothing changes up to 1966…

Anyways, I’ll start:

December 15, 1966: A new television episode is released discussing tentative ideas for the Magic Kingdom, Disney World’s first theme park. Walt Disney himself presents this.
Welcome to the imagineer forum!

spacemt354

Chili's
Thank you very much! Feel free to contribute!
There was a thread a while ago by @Sam Magic that tackled this concept as well.

I don't have much to contribute at the moment other than I feel like we would have gotten more 'longer' dark rides like Haunted Mansion or Pirates as the years went on.

KingMickey13

Original Poster
There was a thread a while ago by @Sam Magic that tackled this concept as well.

I don't have much to contribute at the moment other than I feel like we would have gotten more 'longer' dark rides like Haunted Mansion or Pirates as the years went on.
That is certainly a good idea! Thanks for the link.

MickeyMouse10

Great idea, it would be interesting to see other alternate histories as well. Like "What if Eisner stayed the president?", "What if Disney World was built elsewhere?" and "What if Disney Bought D.C. Comics instead of Marvel?"

KingMickey13

Original Poster
1967: Plans are finalized for the Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida. Phase one will be the Magic Kingdom, and three resorts: the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Asian. Phase two will include EPCOT, the Venetian, and Persian Resorts. There are also plans for a shopping center and water park to open in between. Many Imagineers, Board Members, and the Floridian government dislike the idea of the city and instead have demonstrated a second theme park, combining the futuristic city and a world showcase of nations. Plans are rough and Walt is hesitant. In Disneyland, new Tomorrowland opens with attractions such as Adventure Thru Inner Space.

Evilgidgit

1967: Plans are finalized for the Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida. Phase one will be the Magic Kingdom, and three resorts: the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Asian. Phase two will include EPCOT, the Venetian, and Persian Resorts. There are also plans for a shopping center and water park to open in between. Many Imagineers, Board Members, and the Floridian government dislike the idea of the city and instead have demonstrated a second theme park, combining the futuristic city and a world showcase of nations. Plans are rough and Walt is hesitant. In Disneyland, new Tomorrowland opens with attractions such as Adventure Thru Inner Space.
Considering that the original Epcot could have bankrupted the company, I think Walt would likely be persuaded to go ahead with the Epcot we know, and perhaps either shelf his original plans, or put them elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom