Amtrak Passengers - FYI, Possible Freight Rail Strike THIS WEEK

IanDLBZF

Original Poster

Due to the possibility of Freight Rail Strikes, Amtrak is beginning to cancel rail services outside of the NEC and will have impacts on the Silver Star/Meteor and Auto Train if these contract negotiations fall through or if congress doesn't act. My advice: If you're planning to travel by Amtrak to Florida, you may want to rethink your plans!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
UPDATE: Effective Thursday, Amtrak will be suspending all long-distance service until further notice. This will impact trains 91, 92, 52, and 53, all of which serve WDW.

Also FDOT is evaluating the situation regarding SunRail here in the Orlando area, as they appear to be vulnerable. My advice, if you regularly use SunRail to commute, and are not considered an essential worker (i.e. Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Food, or anything where you MUST work in person) then please by all means either consider an alternate mode of transportation (i.e. drive, Uber/Lyft, Lynx) or better yet, work-from-home if your job allows it. Likewise, if your trip isn't essential, by all means stay at home or have an alternate means of transportation available. In other words, DO NOT TAKE SUNRAIL UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom