Ample Hills Creamery - Creator of the Star Wars Ice Cream coming to Disney's BoardWalk?

NMBC1993

So this is what's replacing my beloved Seashore Sweets...Good ol' Disney. Why run a shop on your own dime, when you can have someone else run it and foot the bill.

indyumd

So this is what's replacing my beloved Seashore Sweets...Good ol' Disney. Why run a shop on your own dime, when you can have someone else run it and foot the bill.

didn't they have Hershey ice cream there? You can get Hershey ice cream almost anywhere in the Eastern half of the US.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Since they do Star Wars themed ice cream they should setup a M&G with this guy. ;)

Willrow-hood.jpg

NMBC1993

didn't they have Hershey ice cream there? You can get Hershey ice cream almost anywhere in the Eastern half of the US.

It was Edy's (which I believe is the "official brand" of Disney, could be wrong though). But my problem isn't with loosing the ice cream (if it was, I would be happy with just eating ice cream at home from Publix). No, I am upset because this location was special to me. People always praise Beaches and Cream as the best Epcot resort location for ice cream, but for me it was Seashore Sweets. The location was small but beautiful. Very unique and the cast was always SUPER friendly.

Besides, where else on Disney property can you get a sundae that looks like this for the same price as a normal sundae (Plus, merchandise discount for CMs :D)?

281467_10150257805143430_7172376_n.jpg

I'm sure this budding couple puts out some amazing ice cream, but I shudder to think what the price will end up being if they open at Boardwalk. Better ingredients = more expensive. Which I guess works out well for Disney.

JohnWD

We usually stay at the Boardwalk every year. I always thought that the Beach Club and Beaches n Cream were better places to get sweets. So this sounds good to me - can't wait to try it.

alissafalco

The place was a ghost town when I was there. It was all pre-packaged stuff they sold in the parks with a few chocolate treats in the glass cabinet. This is a welcomed addition to me!! I can't wait!!! It sounds fantastic! I love that its from NY too :)

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
While causing the closure of another beautiful location...
But the opening of a new one. Given the high level of aesthetics in everything Disney have done in the past few years I have every confidence that the new location will be beautiful. I sympathize with you though, it really stinks when a favorite spot closes or changes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom