Americana Theater

yeti

Uhhh let's see..

American Adventure, American Adventure, American Adventure, and last but not least American Adventure. :wave: :animwink:

TTATraveler

lol I meant the theater across from the American show. The one where they put on different plays/ theatrical performances.

That would be the America Gardens Theater. Right now the Eat to the Beat concert series is going on.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Nov. 5-7: The Rippingtons featuring Russ Freeman
Nov. 8-10: Lover Boy
Nov. 11-13: Three Dog Night

[/FONT]The Candelight Processional begins November 24th.

pentau

From Wikipedia:
Across from the pavilion is the America Gardens Theatre, an outdoor amphitheater. The America Gardens Theatre hosts concerts, singers, and bands from around the world. Many entertainment acts from around the world perform on this stage. The America Gardens Theatre has hosted huge amount of shows since it was built. Over the years some of the more famous shows include Blast!, Barrage, and many 1960's bands (such as Davy Jones from The Monkees) who bring back the old days each year at the Flower Power concert series, a part of the Epcot Flower and Garden show (held each spring).In 1999 The best of Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance performed in the theater over the summer. Even though dance master Michael Flatley did not perform in the show, it was still a summer hit in Epcot. In 2000 the show was brought back by popular demand for another summer run. Originally the theatre did not have a covered stage but was open air the stage cover (and backstage dressing and show equipment areas) were added during a refurbishment that was completed before the inception of the "Magical World of Barbie" stage show.

* During the holiday season, the theater hosts what is arguably its most popular show, the Candlelight Processional, this show follows in the footsteps of the show first performed in Disneyland in 1958, in 1971 a Florida version began, and it moved to the America Gardens Theatre in Epcot in 1994. This show includes an orchestra and large choral group that perform traditional holiday songs while a guest celebrity retells the biblical story of Christmas. In 2005, some of the celebrities included John Stamos, Marlee Matlin, Haley Joel Osment and Jim Caviezel. The show is usually performed three times daily between Thanksgiving and Christmas week.

There have been many, as you can see above.

meanstreak82

That would be the America Gardens Theater. Right now the Eat to the Beat concert series is going on.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov. 5-7: The Rippingtons featuring Russ Freeman [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov. 8-10: Lover Boy [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov. 11-13: Three Dog Night [/FONT]

The Candelight Processional begins November 24th.

Those are last year's dates... the rest of the concerts for this year are:

Nov. 5-6 - Chubby Checker & The Wildcats
Nov. 7-8 - Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes
Nov. 9-12 - Jon Secada

Loverboy and Three Dog Night did play this year, but it was a couple of weeks ago.

vonpluto

Hi, does anyone know whwere i can get a list of all the shows that have ever played at the Americana theater in Epcot?

Here's a pretty incomplete listing of shows over the years:

America Gardens Theater
10/82 - 9/93, 1/94 - (Roofed Over)
World Showcase Singers & Dancers 1982 - ?
Holiday Splendor 12/83 - 92?
Magical Lands 1988?
EPCOT Repertory Season ?
Magical World of Barbie 1993 - 5/95
Holidays In Concert Holiday Orchestra 12/96
Motor City Magic 1997?
Disneys International Song Book 1997 - ?
Disneys All American College Orchestra 7/97
Lord of the Dance 6/99 - 9/99, 7/00 - 9/00
Barrage 2000?
Cookin’ 1999?
Power of Blast 6/01-8/01, ?/02 -
Eat to the Beat

:)

goofyfan13

Here's a pretty incomplete listing of shows over the years:

America Gardens Theater
10/82 - 9/93, 1/94 - (Roofed Over)
World Showcase Singers & Dancers 1982 - ?
Holiday Splendor 12/83 - 92?
Magical Lands 1988?
EPCOT Repertory Season ?
Magical World of Barbie 1993 - 5/95
Holidays In Concert Holiday Orchestra 12/96
Motor City Magic 1997?
Disneys International Song Book 1997 - ?
Disneys All American College Orchestra 7/97
Lord of the Dance 6/99 - 9/99, 7/00 - 9/00
Barrage 2000?
Cookin’ 1999?
Power of Blast 6/01-8/01, ?/02 -
Eat to the Beat

:)

I still remember that show, since I had a sister obsessed with Barbie at the time. Thinking about that show still haunts my dreams...:lookaroun :lol:

CinderellaFan

Original Poster
The show that I am intersted in finding is the one that featured the main Disney characters (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy etc) and had the song that I have been looking for (Goofy sings the fifty states) Any information would help. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom