American Vybe

Thelazer

Original Poster
FYI. There is a couple posts on the R.A.D.P Newsgroups about American Vybe being axed at the end of this month.

Anyone confirm this?

imagineersrock

KumbaRider said:
So what? Now everyone just waits in silence before the show?
You're thinking of Voices of Liberty... They are wonderful and will still be there.

The rumor in this thread is that American Vybe is getting axed. From what I hear, this group is made up of singers who werent good enough to be in Voices of Liberty, so they were thrown together and called "American Vybe." They are currently performing on the small stage infront of the Epcot Christmas tree. I walked by them the other day, heard a few really sour notes, and kept walking.:lol:

WeLComeHomE OKW

I hope that they are cutting American Vybe's budget and not the entire group , cuz thenthey would at least be able to put back to where they used to perform. I liked it more back then anyways...

Madison

I saw them perform inside the American Adventure on my last trip and immediately bought the CD they had on sale in a nearby gift shop. I would be upset if they stopped performing, but I have the CD and can listen to them whenever I'd like, I guess.

tote3939

The Voices of Liberty are the original group. They were there when Epcot opened. American Vybe was formed in 1999. Some Voices of Liberty singers left to help form the new group.

American Vybe has many talented singers, just like the Voices of Liberty. Two former Vybe members now sing with Rockapella. Several others have performed on Broadway.

American Vybe began as a jazzy alternative to the Voices. Both groups performed at the American Adventure. The singers of American Vybe had been told they would have a stage built for them someplace in Future World. This never happened. It's too bad they're getting rid of them. They always seemed to have an enthusiastic audience.

askmike1

I hope not. They have wonderful voices. Also, I know a few of them by faces (so it's fun seeing them every year). This past summer, I saw them in the AA and the American Gardens Theater show. You can't really compare them to VoL. They sing completely different songs. I think the best song they sing is Seasons of Love. I think this is a rumor though. I can't imagine them going from a complete stage show to nothing. At most, I'd expect them to just eliminate the stage show.

-Michael

imagineersrock

tote3939 said:
The Voices of Liberty are the original group. They were there when Epcot opened. American Vybe was formed in 1999. Some Voices of Liberty singers left to help form the new group.

American Vybe has many talented singers, just like the Voices of Liberty. Two former Vybe members now sing with Rockapella. Several others have performed on Broadway.

American Vybe began as a jazzy alternative to the Voices. Both groups performed at the American Adventure. The singers of American Vybe had been told they would have a stage built for them someplace in Future World. This never happened. It's too bad they're getting rid of them. They always seemed to have an enthusiastic audience.
Thanks for helping to clear up the confusion with your detailed post. Welcome to the boards!:wave:

I luv WDW

Not sorry

American Vybe can't hold a candle to the Voices of Liberty. If this means more appearances by the VOL, so much the better.:xmas:

PKD

This is true news, one of the singers who worked at Tarzan was transfered to AV a while ago due to Tarzan closing. Now he is about to be let ago from another role. He's been looking for the last few months since they made the announcement to the cast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom