American Vybe moving to Future World!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Today was American Vybe's last summer performance at the American Gardens Theater. It was terrific! (But I still prefer my "Voices." :D )

Originally, Vybe started out as a preshow to the American Adventure on some days of the week (on others, the Voices of Liberty performed). For the summer, they were converted to a main show - with a band! - and performed at America Gardens.

They will now perform in a stage being set up in FUTURE WORLD EAST in the grassy area around Mission Space and Test Track.

The practically perfect "Voices of Liberty" will continue spreading their own classic magic at the American Adventure.

Thought I'd pass this along. :D

yodathefrog

I absolutely love the "Voices of Liberty". I was very dissappointed to find the last time I was there that they only split time now with Vybe. This is very, very good news that they will be back to the main pre-show attractions at the American Adventure.

Also, didn't Wayne Brady start out as a Voice of Liberty? Thought I heard that...

Legacy

YAY! Purity back in the American Adventure.

And Wayne Brady started out at Universal in the Beetlejuice Graveyard Review.

Gregory

I liked American Vibe, but they really wern't all that American (like, their best stuff was their none-patriotic stuff)

speck76

I think this is a move in the right direction. Vybe was not my favorite, but it brings some live entertainment back into Future World, which is nice.

aimster

Legacy said:
YAY! Purity back in the American Adventure.

And Wayne Brady started out at Universal in the Beetlejuice Graveyard Review.
He also played Tigger at Magic Kingdom for awhile.

DopeyJas2004

General Grizz said:
Today was American Vybe's last summer performance at the American Gardens Theater. It was terrific! (But I still prefer my "Voices." :D )

Originally, Vybe started out as a preshow to the American Adventure on some days of the week (on others, the Voices of Liberty performed). For the summer, they were converted to a main show - with a band! - and performed at America Gardens.

They will now perform in a stage being set up in FUTURE WORLD EAST in the grassy area around Mission Space and Test Track.

The practically perfect "Voices of Liberty" will continue spreading their own classic magic at the American Adventure.

Thought I'd pass this along. :D

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Both groups are amazing and I'm glad to see that 2 equally good things can co-exist in Disney World.

SirNim

Oh well... I just hope that the stage and the performances don't ruin the peaceful atmosphere of that corner of the park! :lol: :)

ead79

I think this move makes a lot of sense. I agree that it will work better to have the Voices of Liberty be the main headliner at the American Adventure. I liked Vybe too, and I think they will make an excellent addition to the Future World live entertainment lineup.

Kevin

yodathefrog said:
I was very dissappointed to find the last time I was there that they only split time now with Vybe. This is very, very good news that they will be back to the main pre-show attractions at the American Adventure.

Actually, Voices and Vybe have co-existed for a couple years now. On days when they both perform, they do back-to-back shows and each do 5 or more sets each day. I can't imagine that moving them to different locations is going to increase the number of performances either group does each day. I actually really liked having them together because you could catch them back-to-back a couple times in a short period. I'm a big fan of both groups.

But, I still think I'm going to like this move from the stand point that it will increase the number of people who get to enjoy Vybe. Most people didn't watch the American Adventure preshows except by accident. Having them outside in Future World will add to their audience and add a bit of culture to FW East.

Kevin

General Grizz said:

Thanks for the update. I wish I could have been to the final show. The America Gardens Vybe show grew on me over time and I really enjoyed it as I watched it more but they are best enjoyed inside the American Adventure where it's a bit more intimate.

My favorite Epcot summer American Gardens show is still Lord of the Dance followed by Shockwave and Blast. Those were the summers when Epcot spent actual money on summer entertainment. I wish they'd do that again next summer.

TheDisneyGirl02

I just found out this morning that Vybe was moving to Future World. I always enjoyed their performances as well as Voices of Liberty. I'm glad to see that although they won't be in WS anymore, they still will have a place to perform at Epcot!

TheDisneyGirl02

raven

Although I haven't seen Voices yet, I was able to see American Vibe twice on my visit in May in American Adventure. There's something cool about them singing in the rotunda though and not having to use mics. The accoustics in there are perfect. But I'm sure that they wilol sound great too in Future World.

General Grizz

Original Poster
raven said:
Although I haven't seen Voices yet, I was able to see American Vibe twice on my visit in May in American Adventure. There's something cool about them singing in the rotunda though and not having to use mics. The accoustics in there are perfect. But I'm sure that they wilol sound great too in Future World.
You haven't lived until you heard Voices. Make a point to see them - they are the best live entertainment at any of the parks in my opinion. :D

bork

I remember back in 2000, Vybe had actually replaced Voices as the American Adventure preshow group. We were so upset that they got rid of Voices. I'm sure many people were upset as well. I think this was part of an entertainment shake up.

For our 2001 visit, Voices was brought back. We let them know how glad we were to have them back and they really appreciated it.

A visit to the American Adventure just isn't the same without Voices of Liberty.

kal1484

They did a day of shows over at each Future World West and East.

It was a great adding to my day, even though if I had to hear all the same songs all day....might go insane. hehehehe

Can't wait for when they move!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom