American Idol Experience Changes

SoccerMickey

Original Poster
I know a lot of people on these boards do not like the American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios but I particularly find the attraction to be quite entertaining. There has been some changes besides adding Crystal Bowersox, Lee Dewyze, Casey James, and Big Mike to the videos, they also mention that Aaron Kelly started his American Idol career from being a Dream Ticket winner and show footage from his first appearance on that stage. They have been doing this for a while but I always wondered why they didn't start doing that when last season began.
The one other change, I believe happened this week is, in my opinion, not a positive change to the show. It appears they eliminated the video that the second contestant of each show makes in front of the giant Dream Ticket and walking through the Audition halls. And the third video they show the third contestent's "fans" in the crowd has been seriously changed.
For example if the contestant's name is Jimmie the video would say, "WE LOVE YOU, JIMMIE!!!"....."JIMMIE! JIMMIE! JIMMIE! JIMMIE!"..."Jimmie, you're my American Idol!" Now it just says, "WE LOVE YOU!!"..."GOOD LUCK! GOOD LUCK! GOOD LUCK! GOOD LUCK!"...."You're my American Idol!"

RSoxNo1

I liked this show alot more than I Thought I would

I agree. It's put together pretty well, and several of the Adventure's Club cast members are working the show. The show is about 45 minutes long, but if you want to see the pre-show and all that stuff you can easily commit 60-90 minutes to this show. Only about 6 of those minutes is singing.

Horizonsfan

I liked this show alot more than I Thought I would

Totally agree, I don't watch the show that much but the production at the park is fairly well done. I'd rather have a new/reinterpreted version of Superstar Television but hey this is pretty good.

Actually they have always done the "good luck, good luck" thing either when they weren't sure who was going to be the final singer for that particular show, or due to production issues. Also the second contestant video has always been hit or miss, due to a series of production and time issues from time to time, it might have just been a bad day tech-wise.

_Scar

Just wait until American Idol suffers a slow, painful death due to Simon, Ellen, and Cara leaving the show.

... muhauahahauahauaha

FALL! FALL RATINGS, FALL!

Cmdr_Crimson

I could care less of The Ultimate Karaoke Magical Funshine Wish Show...Bring Back Superstar Television and More Showings of Fantasmic!

WDWFigment

I guess I don't follow pop culture all that much, but I had no idea Ellen and Cara were leaving the show, too. I really wonder how it will do. We did enjoy AIE (a lot more than we expected), but I would really like to see an unbranded (or make-believe brand) show unique to Disney so its popularity wouldn't be dependent on pop culture trends.

The American Idol Experience is a great show but it came too late as it looks like the show will suffer without simon (expect the x factor experience soon). Its a shame they made the changes but it must be too time consuming to make the 2nd contestant video.

klineski96

The American Idol Experience is a great place to get out of the sun, drink some waterm, sit down and relax for awhile... at least to me anyways.

My wife and I have seen it once, she enjoyed it, I enjoyed the break.

NattyBumppo

I've never stopped to actually watch the show.

I did audition one time and was selected to compete. After they explained I would spend an hour or two in make-up/wardrobe, an extra hour or two with a vocal coach rehearsing, and then the time it actually took to do the show, I declined. That's basically the whole day -- no thanks.

If this attraction disappeared I wouldn't miss it.

stlbobby

I hate American Idol the TV show. I've only watched it twice just to make sure it was as bad as I imagined and it was.

But I really don't mind this attraction. I've done it once and was entertained. It moves at a much brisker pace than the real thing and it is more fun when the people are right in front of you, and it is all decided in a day and not played out over a TV season. They even poke fun at the fake drama the show tries to create.

It is unique, and provides a big thrill for fans of the show.

It's by no means a must do for me, but I will probably go back.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The DHS show is ok, I think there's way too many fake parts (like when the AI winners give a "personal" message to the contestant :brick:).

Plus the dude in the preshow video with the steel wool hairdo scares me

_Scar

The American Idol Experience is a great place to get out of the sun, drink some waterm, sit down and relax for awhile... at least to me anyways.

My wife and I have seen it once, she enjoyed it, I enjoyed the break.

Those are what the benches in the park are for, not shows.

Tigger1988

Those are what the benches in the park are for, not shows.

What park bench gets you out of the sun and into air conditioning? I'd like to know so I can go stake my claim.

And anyway, people have been using shows around the parks as "breaks" for a long time. The only time you'll see me at the American Adventure is if I need a quick nap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom