American Gardens Theater getting entertainment for the summer season

speck76

Original Poster
It looks like the American Gardens Theater will not sit dark this summer.

A few years ago, the theater was used for Lord of the Dance, then Blast over the summer, but the past few years, American Vybe has been playing there....and they are no longer.

So for, it looks like two acts are scheduled.... I am sure more will be added to fill the gap.

6/19-7/1 Hotel California (Eagles cover band)
7/31-8/6 Parrots of the Caribbean (Jimmy Buffet cover band)

askmike1

speck76 said:
6/19-7/1 Hotel California (Eagles cover band)
7/31-8/6 Parrots of the Caribbean (Jimmy Buffet cover band)
I'll be there for Hotel California. To me though, I'd rather have American Vybe there. Even better, I'd love to have Blast back (or even it's sequel Shockwave).

speck76

Original Poster
askmike1 said:
I'll be there for Hotel California. To me though, I'd rather have American Vybe there. Even better, I'd love to have Blast back (or even it's sequel Shockwave).
I loved Blast and Lord of the Dance.

I always thought American Vybe was a poor excuse for a show in that theater....they were good, but they were a "park act"....not something special brought in....

Magic Maker

I was all about Shockwave.....
since I am a former Color Guard and dance performer.
Parrots of the Caribean would be cool if it were in a different setting and margaritas flowed like water.

fillerup

Also

Transit Authority, a Chicago cover band - 6/12 - 6/18 & 8/7 - 8/13.

Bruce in the USA, a Springsteen cover - 7/3 - 7/13

askmike1

Does anyone know if they are having something special for the 4th of July or is it just going to be Bruce in the USA? Usually they have the Fife & Drum Corp, Voices of Liberty & American Vybe, but know with AV gone, are they still going to have the VoL sing that day in the AGT?

nelsonj3

Has anyone heard about the new Blast! show? I can't remember what it is called. It isn't Shockwave. This one is actually along the lines of a Blast! 2. I received a mailing about it a few weeks ago (since I'm a band director). It is supposed to premier in Owensboro, KY in June.

It was neat to see the original Blast! at the American Gardens Theater a few years ago. I marched with one of the percussionists in college.

goodolgm

A Springsteen cover? NO WAY!

I'll be there for the CP from May-Jan, and I'm from Jersey, so it will be nice to have a little slice of home down there, even if it's not really him. That ROCKS!

speck76

Original Poster
nelsonj3 said:
Has anyone heard about the new Blast! show? I can't remember what it is called. It isn't Shockwave. This one is actually along the lines of a Blast! 2. I received a mailing about it a few weeks ago (since I'm a band director). It is supposed to premier in Owensboro, KY in June.

It was neat to see the original Blast! at the American Gardens Theater a few years ago. I marched with one of the percussionists in college.

Cyberjam?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom