American Adventure

Beauty_Belle

Original Poster
Hi all!
My father LOVES the Great American Adventure. Does anyone know where I can get the soundtrack to that ride/show? If not, does anyone know what artists perform the songs (maybe I could find clips somewhere). It's his favorite and it would be perfect for a Father's Day gift.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Thank you in advance!

fizzle75

Just to clarify...are you asking about the music played during The American Adventure or the vocal group(Voices Of Liberty)that sings before you actually go into the theatre?

Beauty_Belle

Original Poster
I'm looking for the actual music that plays during the show.

On a side note, I actually just found out when I was down there that American Vibe no longer performs there. :cry:

Thank you for the help!!!

Beauty_Belle

Original Poster
I heard they were only adding a few clips to the "Golden Dreams" portion. Are there more changes than that?
It's not on itunes either.

MythBuster

I know they are closing on Monday June 18 for 4 days. They are changing the last 4 minutes of film and music. But what kind of changes I'm not really sure.

Beauty_Belle

Original Poster
I don't think they could get rid of "Golden Dreams." That is such a beautiful song! I know they changed the film slightly after 9/11.

Gagesmom314

I slept through the show when we were there a few weeks ago. I however LOVED the Liberty Voices. I bought a CD and have listened to it a lot since I got back.

Rob562

I'm looking for the actual music that plays during the show.

On a side note, I actually just found out when I was down there that American Vibe no longer performs there. :cry:

Thank you for the help!!!

The only part of it that Disney has ever officially released (that I know of) is Golden Dreams. I assume both versions were released at different times. (It was edited a number of years ago to extend the ending of the montage, which I assume is what they'll do again this time around).

Sound of Magic (http://www.soundofmagic.com/) has a couple tiny clips, both attributed to Buddy Baker as composer. I've also randomly found a few pieces online that are show-quality, like the very beginning. But it ends with the big crescendo jsut as the first male vocalist starts singing the song during the pilgrim stretch.

If you're interested, I could e-mail you the bits that I do have, they total about 15Meg. Send me a PM.

(And a side note, one of the other very minor things they changed around 2000-2001 was one line of Ben Franklin's opening scene. The line was changed from "They're from the pen of John Steinbeck, here in the 20th Century" to "They're from the pen of John Steinbeck, back in the 20th Century." Makes it a little better continuity, as the audience isn't in the 20th century anymore :) )
-Rob

tirian

"Golden Dreams" is generally available on the official WDW Soundtrack CDs. The Voices of Liberty music is available in the Americana shop next to the attraction. Make sure you purchase one of their CDs! Their vocal arrangements are superb.

kcnole

The Voices of Liberty imo, are better than the actual attraction themselves and that is saying something. They are fantastic.

scpergj

"Golden Dreams" is generally available on the official WDW Soundtrack CDs. The Voices of Liberty music is available in the Americana shop next to the attraction. Make sure you purchase one of their CDs! Their vocal arrangements are superb.

I have one of their CD's (can't remember which), and guess what...

Golden Dreams is on it, performed by Voices of Liberty!

If I remember correctly, it's one of the reasons I bought the CD.

Kevin

Beauty_Belle

Original Poster
I heard the Voices of Liberty sing "When you Wish Upon a Star" It was beautiful and gave me chills! I saw they had CD's. but I wasn't sure which ones where good.
The group I miss the most is American Vibe. I asked a CM and they said they no longer are in the parks. Wonder why....

butterflyminnie

this may be a stupid question, but was Golden Dreams written specifically for AA? The theater I work for used the song in a show back in the 70's or 80's (i wasn't there at the time, just heard about it) and I was wondering how they could have used it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom