AMC Gardenwalk

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Original Poster
I don’t know if anyone uses AMC Stubs but they just sent me an email about the closing at Downtown Disney and in that same email it states they will be opening a 6 screen theatre July 1st of 2019 at the Gardenwalk. Not sure they are going to attract a large crowd to watch a movie at that complex. I remember going to a movie once over there on a weekend and it was dead.

D.Silentu

I'm glad there will be at least one theater in the resort area. I presumed it was going to be small, but hoped they could have gotten at least eight screens out of it. Still, if the large complex that is now House of Blues had trouble, six screens may be the wise way to go.

Phroobar

So they had trouble filling the old theater at Gardenwalk so they replace it with the House of Blues which still doesn't attract anyone. Then they come back to put another movie theater in again? Isn't that like replacing a failed Mexican food restaurant with another Mexican food restaurant?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So they had trouble filling the old theater at Gardenwalk so they replace it with the House of Blues which still doesn't attract anyone. Then they come back to put another movie theater in again? Isn't that like replacing a failed Mexican food restaurant with another Mexican food restaurant?

Actually its like replacing a failed madre/padre Mexican food restaurant with an On the Border. AMC is a more well known and popular theater compared to Ultraluxe Cinema that was there before.

Phroobar

Actually its like replacing a failed madre/padre Mexican food restaurant with an On the Border. AMC is a more well known and popular theater compared to Ultraluxe Cinema that was there before.
Our town's On the Border died pretty quickly. We got a Tilted Kilt instead. It's like Hooters with kilts.

Ismael Flores

the one saving grace for these new additions to gardenwalk including the theater is the hotels.

the mall should have opened from day one with the hotels and timeshares/condos. people staying in those hotels if built as originally design should help increase foot traffic.

the original hotel designs called for direct entrances into the mall with one hotel even having the pool deck and bar on top of the roofline of the mall.
If they are smart the newly redesigned hotels still have direct access

Old Mouseketeer

When do those hotels open ?

JW Marriott is under construction. Maybe 18 months? The other hotel pad is not even under contract yet as far as I know. The condos on top of the parking structure are still a possibility. The hotel next door (to the West) replacing the Anaheim Hotel (name? Home of Pizza Press) comes after the Annabella replacement is completed.

Ismael Flores

There are two hotel plots walled off and both of them have work equipment in them with one already work started. Not sure if the second one is just being used as a construction site for now or if that second site will also start construction

Darkbeer1

The Timeshare was ready to start next year, but is on hold until November depending on the ALWI and if it passes.

Same with the 2nd AGW Hotel and the Anaheim Hotel rebuild. If the ALWI passes and withstands multiple lawsuits, a lot of changes/revisions and cancellations are possible.

Darkbeer1

There are two hotel plots walled off and both of them have work equipment in them with one already work started. Not sure if the second one is just being used as a construction site for now or if that second site will also start construction

Just being used for the JW Marriott construction, nothing more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom