AMC 24 Downtown Disney to be a Dolby Atmos launch location

jt04

It may not qualify as something "bold" but it certainly will be new. Bit by bit the plan is revealed.

dreamscometrue

That sounds really neat. We've never gone to a movie while at WDW, but maybe if there's a bad weather day during a future trip, we can catch a movie there and head over to Splitsville after.

maxairmike

Well, this is going to get me to go see Brave. Yeah, I'm more excited about the new sound technology debuting with the movie than I am the movie on the screen.

Tom Morrow

Sounds neat. I wonder if this will go in the "enhanced" theaters the AMC already has (which already have incredible sound systems)

flavious27

I like this. I saw the article about this new tech on engagdet and was disappointed with how west coast dominate the list of locations were.

Florida_is_hot

Got one close to home, but with people in the audience making all kinds of noises..... talking, stuffing faces with popcorn it maybe hard to appreciate the sound system.

DisneyCane

I like this. I saw the article about this new tech on engagdet and was disappointed with how west coast dominate the list of locations were.

The reason for the west coast dominating the initial installs is because that is where Dolby is so their engineers can be available for launch issues. The only reason that DTD has it is that they set up a demo there for the Theatre Owners convention that was in Orlando a few months ago. If it is well recieved I'm sure that the premium auditoriums at complexes across the country will start getting installs before the next major release that is mixed for it.

Redsky89

I saw a movie once at that theater it was really nice. Nice to know its only gonna get better. Now I have more of a excuse to go to the movies there on vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom