Amazon Prime Pantry?

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
Not sure if this is the place for this or not...but has anyone used Prime Pantry for delivery to resorts? I've been trying to figure out how I want to get somethings to POFQ. This looks super cheap compared to most delivery services I'm finding.

Has anyone used?

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
Ok. I looked into it more. $5.99 a box delivery and the prices aren't "too" bad. 3.98 for a case of water and 3.64 for a 12pack of diet coke.

Those two things fill up 88% of my box. It gives you percentages of what each item "takes" to fill your box. Some snacks are as little as 1%.

You can fill as many boxes as you want. I don't know if I would use at home but looks like it could work out well for WDW

dreamfinder

I believe when I've looked at it, the prices are no worse (and should be better) than those offered by GardenGrocer. And should be close to WeGoShop, but without the service charges/fees that they would charge you. The biggest problem is that it's pretty much all non perishables, so if you need milk, yogurt, etc then its a tougher sell.

Those two things fill up 88% of my box. It gives you percentages of what each item "takes" to fill your box.

They have 2 factors in play. They account for both the size and the weight. Those are both pretty heavy items (as well as large) which is what fills it up so fast. Basically it means you don't have to ship snacks and stuff down separately, or pack them in an extra suitcase.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
I believe when I've looked at it, the prices are no worse (and should be better) than those offered by GardenGrocer. And should be close to WeGoShop, but without the service charges/fees that they would charge you. The biggest problem is that it's pretty much all non perishables, so if you need milk, yogurt, etc then its a tougher sell.

They have 2 factors in play. They account for both the size and the weight. Those are both pretty heavy items (as well as large) which is what fills it up so fast. Basically it means you don't have to ship snacks and stuff down separately, or pack them in an extra suitcase.
We won't be doing perishables. Water/soda were the biggest ones plus I'll probably add snacks to fill up the boxes. If only they'd ship beer I would be set! ;-)

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
I can't find solid info on shipping time...is it 2 days like normal Prime? I found something that said 4 but it wasn't on amazon's site.

I'm all over this.

Just need to figure out a beer situation ;-) I may have to flip to wine on this trip and pack it in the suitcase.

COrunner

Not sure if this is the place for this or not...but has anyone used Prime Pantry for delivery to resorts? I've been trying to figure out how I want to get somethings to POFQ. This looks super cheap compared to most delivery services I'm finding.

Has anyone used?

We tried prime pantry, just for kicks mostly and as a value it was on par with going to Target. Just without the trip. We got Tide, Cokes and dog food and it was cool that it showed up like any other prime order.

When we were at Poly last year we did garden grocer and will use it again when we go back next year. Our big reason for using the delivery was fruit, milk for our daughter and snacks. Prime pantry has some snack options but you can't get anything perishable.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
We tried prime pantry, just for kicks mostly and as a value it was on par with going to Target. Just without the trip. We got Tide, Cokes and dog food and it was cool that it showed up like any other prime order.

When we were at Poly last year we did garden grocer and will use it again when we go back next year. Our big reason for using the delivery was fruit, milk for our daughter and snacks. Prime pantry has some snack options but you can't get anything perishable.
I don't really need all the perishable items. I plan on packing some of the box milks. I have some of the dole fruit cups/applesauce pouches ready to ship.

It took 2 days?

COrunner

We are Prime members so we get free 2 day shipping. Prime pantry is the same deal! We have a trip to San Diego coming in July and plan on trying out prime for snacks/sodas to see how it works to our hotel there.

coltow

Shipped two cases of water, four 12 packs of soda, box of granola bars, 2 boxes of applesauce pouches, nuts, pretzels for $43(included shipping)

It was there in our room when our luggage was delivered!

I will definitely use again.
I was just looking at this a couple of days ago. So I'm happy to see it worked out for you. We wanted to have drinks and a few snacks just like you. We used Garden Grocer last time and it was fine. But was put off a bit by needing to spend $40 plus $14 delivery fee and then a tip. We ended up leaving a bunch of stuff behind because we had to order so much. All we really need is drinks cuz I can always pack snacks at home if need be.

How far in advance did you place your order?

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
I was just looking at this a couple of days ago. So I'm happy to see it worked out for you. We wanted to have drinks and a few snacks just like you. We used Garden Grocer last time and it was fine. But was put off a bit by needing to spend $40 plus $14 delivery fee and then a tip. We ended up leaving a bunch of stuff behind because we had to order so much. All we really need is drinks cuz I can always pack snacks at home if need be.

How far in advance did you place your order?
4 days! It got there 4 days later(Monday) and we checked in on Tuesday.

71dsp

Shipped two cases of water, four 12 packs of soda, box of granola bars, 2 boxes of applesauce pouches, nuts, pretzels for $43(included shipping)

It was there in our room when our luggage was delivered!

I will definitely use again.

Awesome! Glad to hear that it worked out for you. So it looks like 4 days before arrival is a good time to order. Thanks so much for posting this!

Sassagoula-Rvr

Am going to have to look into this for next Summer!!! As someone said though...the beer situation...still will require a trip to WalMart or the grocery store...I bought a pack in resort shop last trip....YIKES...liquid gold I guess.

Richie248

Recently used amazon prime pantry on my trip to Vegas and thought it worked out great. Package was delivered 3 days after I ordered (allow 4 - 5 days just to be safe). Thought the prices were great and hope they add even more products in the future. Remember you already have to be a prime member to take advantage of this service. Heading to Disney this weekend, but driving...otherwise I would use prime pantry again! Highly recommended!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom