Amazon Prime Now for grocery delivery

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I was wondering if anyone has used Amazon Prime Now for their grocery delivery to their resort. If you have any experience, please share!

For anyone who doesn't know what Amazon Prime Now is, it is a same day delivery service. It is usually delivered within an hour or two. I've used it before in NYC but was hoping to see how it is in the Orlando area.

Thanks!

Cache77

I used it at the Contemporary in Dec 2016. The Amazon part worked as advertised, after battling the bad software for a bit. I had forgotten some things and they delivered it within a couple hours while I was out. The only hassle I had was the iOS app was configured for my hometown and even after I configured it for Orlando it still insisted I was not configured for the area. They may have fixed it since then.

The hotel did have some trouble figuring out where the package was when I got back, but eventually they figured out it was in route to getting delivered to my room. They let you tip when you order (more like push you too) so you don't really need to worry about being in your room when it arrives.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I used it at the Contemporary in Dec 2016. The Amazon part worked as advertised, after battling the bad software for a bit. I had forgotten some things and they delivered it within a couple hours while I was out. The only hassle I had was the iOS app was configured for my hometown and even after I configured it for Orlando it still insisted I was not configured for the area. They may have fixed it since then.

The hotel did have some trouble figuring out where the package was when I got back, but eventually they figured out it was in route to getting delivered to my room. They let you tip when you order (more like push you too) so you don't really need to worry about being in your room when it arrives.

It's nice to hear some feedback on this! I've asked elsewhere and here are some things I've been told about Amazon Prime Now at WDW.

1. Add all the items that you need to your cart either on desktop or the app before you leave for your trip. When you land in Orlando, open the app on your phone and purchase the items.
2. The items will then be delivered within the next hour or two to the resort. Make sure you use the resort address. You can find a full list of WDW resort addresses here.
3. Your order will be delivered to Bell Services in the hotel lobby. They can deliver it to your room or you can pick it up.

In my research, I found this to be way cheaper than ordering with Garden Grocer. The prices were absolutely ridiculous on GG. It cost $10 for a pack of bacon on GG but on Amazon Prime Now it only cost $4. I'll be using it in a month and will give an update on my experience.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I used it last trip to get a few things that we didn't get when we got groceries. Worked quite well, prices were reasonable, much better than Garden Grocer. Delivered to bell services within the 2 hour window I selected. The selection was somewhat limited, didn't have any fresh veg or fruit type stuff. So depending on your needs it may work quite well.

Upvote 0

bgoofy

I used it last trip to get a few things that we didn't get when we got groceries. Worked quite well, prices were reasonable, much better than Garden Grocer. Delivered to bell services within the 2 hour window I selected. The selection was somewhat limited, didn't have any fresh veg or fruit type stuff. So depending on your needs it may work quite well.
Are you able to buy alcohol?

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Does the resort charge you a fee for having stuff delivered there?

It depends on how it is delivered. As a ground rule, anything that comes via UPS, FedEx, USPS etc will be subject to a delivery fee. If it comes via courier IE GardenGrocer, WeGoShop, Amazon Prime Now etc it will most likely not be subject to a delivery fee. Something shipped will potentially require WDW to hold onto the package for several days before pickup, while something coming via courier will most likely be picked up same day.

Upvote 0

Red Sox

It depends on how it is delivered. As a ground rule, anything that comes via UPS, FedEx, USPS etc will be subject to a delivery fee. If it comes via courier IE GardenGrocer, WeGoShop, Amazon Prime Now etc it will most likely not be subject to a delivery fee. Something shipped will potentially require WDW to hold onto the package for several days before pickup, while something coming via courier will most likely be picked up same day.
Thanks for the information! I'm considering doing an Amazon Prime Now order on our arrival day but I wasn't sure if Mickey would be adding extra fees XD

Upvote 0

luvinthemajik

Thanks for the information! I'm considering doing an Amazon Prime Now order on our arrival day but I wasn't sure if Mickey would be adding extra fees XD
Thanks for info as well, We just returned, took our groceries with us and it worked well, but for resupplying I thought GG was astronomical, so we went to Publix during one of the rainstorms. It's nice to know about this service, convenient and no extra fees, works for me!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom