Amazon Now

Hcalvert

I've had groceries delivered by Amazon Now a few years ago at Poly with no problems, but resort policy may have changed. Contact the resort and ask them if you will get charged.

John park hopper

I believe the policy was changed not long ago ----- if you are not there to pick up the delivery and Disney has to bring it to your room you will be charged. Disney may have changed that

trainplane3

Does anyone know if you can have groceries delivered through amazon now to the Riviera Resort?
We had it done on our September trip at BLT without issue. Alcohol didn't get delivered because we weren't there (heavily delayed flight) but everything else was dropped off and was held by bell services(?). Parents redid their alcohol order for the next day and met the delivery at the drop-off.

Personal thought:
If they do drop off when you aren't there and you have to call the front desk to have it brought to your room, don't forget to tip the bell services person that's bringing it to your room. You're still spending much less then if you bought the same from the parks/hotel store.
I believe the policy was changed not long ago ----- if you are not there to pick up the delivery and Disney has to bring it to your room you will be charged. Disney may have changed that
I believe that mainly dealt with scooters. I could be wrong and if I am, someone please correct me.

John park hopper

Is Disney World Grocery Delivery Free?
Well, it used to be. But Disney World recently started charging guests a $6 fee to have bell services bring a grocery delivery to your hotel room. I believe this will show us as a room charge on your folio at checkout.

If you have groceries delivered and pick them up from bell services yourself, you will NOT be charged the delivery fee. The fee only applies if bell services delivers your order to your room. The $6 charge is per grocery order, not per bag of groceries.

ABQ

We had two deliveries to from Amazon Now to Wilderness Lodge last November, worked just fine, they held it at the bell services counter though, so don't know about cost to have it brought to the room. We just went down and picked it up shortly after receiving notification on the app of its delivery. No problems with the resort, but certainly were some mispicks in what we ordered which is Amazon's issue. They credited us back no questions asked for the items we did not get and let us keep, of course, the odd things we did get by mistake.

correcaminos

We've done Prime Now a few times and it was super easy to do. We did meet in the lobby since we had alcohol though. We'd definitely use them again :)

Victor Kelly

I wonder if other stores deliver as well now that Amazon has taken hold.

I absolutely live Amazon Prime.

Do people tip the delivery drivers or is that discouraged?

ABQ

The Amazon Now app, similar to how Lyft and Uber apps work, includes a tip option for the user to complete.

nickys

Premium Member
So to clarify an important point here:

Amazon Prime Now deliveries of groceries fall into the normal grocery delivery orders, which you will only be charged for if you ask Bell Services to deliver it to your room.

But Amazon Prime, which is usually used for general Amazon deliveries, is counted as a package and you will automatically be charged by your resort.

Make sure you use Prime Now.

awoogala

Absolutely tip.
We have used instacart as well, wider range of stores, including liquor store, Publix, and quite a few others.
With alcohol, same deal, you need to meet them to show i.d.

ABQ

How should you type the address for Amazon Now deliveries? I have seen a few different ways
You will want the actual street address for the resort you are staying.
I had addressed my Wilderness Lodge deliveries like this and it worked:
Full Name : Your Name - Guest
Address1: 901 Timberline Drive
Address2: Blank
City: Lake Buena Vista
St: FL
Zip: 32830-8426
Phone: My cell phone

Edit: Touring Plans has a nice list of street addresses here. https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels/addresses

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom