Amazon Ad

NearTheEars

Original Poster
Getting a little frustrated with an Amazon Ad that I'm being directed to on nearly every visit the past week or so. It takes you completely out of the forum to a new page and the back button doesn't work to return. I know sometimes you can't control how some of the ads work, but this one seems more like a scam.

artvandelay

Getting a little frustrated with an Amazon Ad that I'm being directed to on nearly every visit the past week or so. It takes you completely out of the forum to a new page and the back button doesn't work to return. I know sometimes you can't control how some of the ads work, but this one seems more like a scam.
I keep getting the same thing. Most definitely a scam.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Does it take you to Amazon or some other website? If it is indeed Amazon, how is it a scam as opposed to bad coding?

Im getting emails from something that looks like Amazon telling me my orders have been cancelled when in fact I haven't ordered anything recently. There are people out there that can make a site look legit but in reality, they arent.

NearTheEars

Original Poster
Finally caught it:

IMG_0197.jpg

Nemo14

I got this a couple of times today. I assume anything like this is a scam. I suppose there is a chance that some very small fraction of the time it isn't a scam, but I'd rather miss out the one time it isn't a rip off than have my identity stolen 94 times.
I agree! :angelic:

UpDog71

These new "Ads by >" videos are making reading these forums impossible to read. I'll be in the middle of reading Spirit's assessment of TDR or how Star Wars: GE should never been in DL, and the page will jump around. Then I have to scroll up and down trying to figure out where the content that I was reading jumped to...super annoying!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
These new "Ads by >" videos are making reading these forums impossible to read. I'll be in the middle of reading Spirit's assessment of TDR or how Star Wars: GE should never been in DL, and the page will jump around. Then I have to scroll up and down trying to figure out where the content that I was reading jumped to...super annoying!
I've been attempting to isolate them, proving difficult.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've taken some more steps to block these. can you let me know if you continue to see them?

MOXOMUMD

Same here with the video ads you can't turn off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom