Amanda & Joe December 8, 2014 PJ

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE!!!
I have these boots that I just love love love. I think I've had them about 3 years now. They look like the woven uggs. They are from Old Navy. And there are a few buttons up the side. I have never been able to have them pulled up all the way (mid calf) and buttoned... big calves -ugh. I always keep the top one undone and scrunch them down. But this morning, I was putting them on and what do you know???? They are buttoned and pulled up onto my calf!!!! I did a little happy dance! hehe I love every time I hit these little milestones and I get super excited, when I glance over to Joe, I can see this cute little gleam in his eye. Like he's really happy for me. He's so stinkin skinny and he knows how much I struggle with this. So in love with him!

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
I think we have chosen our videographer! I have fallen in LOVE with Trinity!!! And I immediately clicked with them. I spend most of my day just watching their videos hahaha! I am so excited to be working with them. I haven't officially booked them or put down a deposit. Joe had to get a new car. One day while he was driving home from the dog park with our Daisy, his exhaust literally fell off the car!!! grrrr! He's a mechanic and could fix it, but he doesn't have the time. And I am so over him having these "project" cars. We had to dip into the wedding money to get him a new car, but we found a great one!! Its in great shape and its a 4 door and automatic! WOO-HOO! Someone is almost ready for a family. hehe! Anywho... once he sells his old car, we'll be able to replace just about all of the money we had to borrow.
Also..... I think I am going to be able to go to Disney in February!!!!! I really didn't think I'd make it there any time before the wedding. But I have the chance to go for work. Unfortunately, Joe probably won't be able to go with me... But, it will be awesome to be able to have an actual site visit and hopefully meet with Trinity! Maybe we'll be able to choose a photographer before then and I can meet with them too. Right now we are deciding between Thirteenth Moon Photography and Jason Angelini. I do photography as a hobby, so choosing someone to trust with my most special day has been so hard! But their work is very similar to my style. Just want to see which one I make a better connection with. Trinity has suggested Jason Angelini as he is a good friend of his and they have worked together before.
Who wants to see my wedding shoes????

Attachments

• 1393812_10152344942578858_298811440_n.jpg
    1393812_10152344942578858_298811440_n.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 54

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
Finally heard from the jeweler again.... my wedding band is "gorgeous and ready for pick up"! EEK!! I am so excited to go see it! He's had my engagement ring since mid October. I think we will go pick it up next Friday. But I am a little nervous. We have been having some financial issues and I have been so so so depressed about it...
Remember we had to borrow money from our wedding fund to get Joe a new car? Well we still haven't sold his old one, so that money is still missing. Since then I was able to save a few hundred more. Yay! Enough for one of our deposits. Or not.... Joe called to pay a bill October 19th and it wasn't processed until November 6th. I didn't realize it and assumed we had the money available in our account. We used it to pay a few other bills and also a few lunches and stuff. So our account was negative.... And there a bazillion penalty fees!!! In just a week and a half, we had almost $400 in penalty fees. I was so ashamed and embarrassed. I have been so busy and wasn't really paying attention to the account like I usually do. So the additional money I had saved for the wedding had to go to those stupid fees. I promised Trinity we would pay our deposit tomorrow and we will have the money! But now we may not have the full amount for the ring by next week. And I am so nervous that we will lose out on our photographer if we don't pay our deposit soon. And of course.... in just a few weeks, we need to order our invitations! Joe has been working so hard trying to sell his car. I feel bad... Hoping we can sell it by early next week at the latest! Then we will have all our money back and ready and be back on track!! Send some pixie dust this way please...

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
Its been a while since I've updated this thing... So much has been going on! And I have mostly been keeping in touch with Disney brides through Facebook. This may be a lengthy post-

I was a bit depressed about DF's car for a few weeks. So many people were interested in it and would come to see it. Some even made an acceptable offer on it. But then something would always go wrong. They would ask us to just sign over the title and they'll "take care of it at their friends tag place". Umm NO! One guy honestly sounded interested, but when we were supposed to go meet with him to sign it over, he called to say he sliced his hand open at work and was at the hospital. He had to pass on the car because it was his right hand that got cut, so he wouldn't be able to shift it for at least a month... UGH! Some people just literally dropped off the face of the earth! Like 2 weeks ago, Joe told me someone was interested and was coming to look at it. I didn't get my hopes up. However, this was just 2 days after I heard a story on the news about a craigslist meet up that turned into an attempted robbery and lead to a murder. At this point, I was just done and wanted to take the car to a junk yard! I was so nervous and insisted on accompanying him and bringing a "weapon" aka a wrench. My Joe is so sweet. He just shakes his head and lets me have my way. So the guy comes and we had no hope that he'd take it. Did not seem like a "honda guy" at all! Then he told us he had a honda tattoo!! A little hope! Then he said he was also interested in another car. Hope gone... BUT- the other guy couldn't find the title to the car. YAY for us! He said he'd call in two days and let us know. And he did! He said he'd take it! I did not get excited until we got to the auto tags place and we signed our names. Oh my goodness, it was the absolute best day EVER!!!

AND!!!! I finally picked up my wedding band!!! It is stunning! Much better than I even imagined. It was a little different than what I expected, but its perfect. He did a great job! I carried it around in my purse for like 2 weeks and showed everyone! haha.

We have put down our deposit for Trinity for video and our deposit for Thirteenth Moon for photo. I am so excited to have those two amazing companies capture our day on film! I spend all of my free time on their websites hahaha. I love the song on Thirteenth Moon's site.

What else has happened...? OH! Today I made my appointment to go to Alfred Angelo. January 25th! I have a few gowns written down, but my favorite is the new Disney dress #238. The lady asked me to try to only bring 3 people, but I don't know how to do that. There are about 8 people who really want to go! I could cut maybe 2-3, but I'd feel bad. The ones who definitely are coming are my old boss because she offered to buy the dress for me, my current boss (she says I'm like the daughter she'll never have), my sister, Joe's mom, and my best friend. None of them can be cut. The others who already said they are coming are 3 other good friends, my aunt, and my 2 younger sisters would like to go too!! Gosh, I'm so popular! Kidding.

Hmm... I think that is pretty much most of the update. I'll be back if I think of anything else. Hehe

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
Current weight loss....... 40 pounds!!! So excited! 50 more to go! I've been working so hard since the holidays! I was positive I had gained some weight, but I didn't! I just got the zumba DVDs, so I've been using them almost everyday. I love zumba! And I've really been watching my calorie intake. Loading up on fruits and veggies. Very little carbs. And no sweets. Except the occasional candy cane.

We ordered our invitations! They are so cute! Got a great deal on Vistaprint. I was able to add the little Mickey head to them so they have the Disney touch. I will upload a pic. We are doing things a bit different than most people. We aren't sending save the dates. I figured if people receive the STDs and plan their trip around the wedding, they don't need the formal invite 2 months beforehand. If they booked a room, you know they are coming. So we are sending out the invites on Monday. RSVPs due in March. Wedding in December.

Most of our guests are first timers to Disney or haven't been there in years. So I am sending out a monthly newsletter with lots of info. Good places to eat, resort recommendations, info about the parks, etc. And we have been dealing with some crazy winter weather here so I have had some time off work. I have just about all of the newsletters done! I am never this organized. Pretty excited to just be able to print them at the beginning of the month and send them out. I think the newsletters are also a good way to keep the excitement up!

When we send out the invites, we'll also send out the first newsletter. I want to send everyone a Disney folder to keep all of their trip info and newsletters in. I cannot find them ANYWHERE!!! I checked Target, Wal-mart, Disney store... Tomorrow we are going to check Walgreens and K-mart and CVS. If we don't have any luck, I'll have to find some online. That will delay us sending out the invites, but thats okay I guess.

Oh goodness.... Last night I had my second wedding nightmare! I'm pretty sure I posted about my first one. My wedding band was hideous!!!!! But this one was crazier and way more detailed. Our wedding wasn't at Disney. It was in some weird park. We had NO food for our guests. So like an hour before the ceremony, I was driving around town trying to find some last minute catering ideas. And all I could find was meat! hahaha I was so stressed because I didn't want to pay for meat. (I am vegan) And then at the ceremony, Joe was doing some reading. He looked at the officiant and the guy nodded at Joe. All of a sudden he started telling off his aunt and made her leave!!! I was mortified and ran away. Then everyone disappeared. I was alone. Then there was some weird old man who asked me to help him find his lucky insert for his shoe. SO WEIRD!!!! I found it. Then he started kissing me. Like really kissing me! Thank God the alarm went off after that. Share your wedding nightmares with me!!! They make me laugh!

PartOfYourWorld

Just saw this here! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding and the weight loss!!!!

I love the place you picked :) My husband and I just got married last May at Sea Breeze Point :) It's my favorite spot in all of Walt Disney World.

I love your engagement ring!!!!!! (will you post a pic of your wedding band too?) I've never seen an engagement ring like that so I can see how it would be hard to find a wedding band that fits perfectly with it.

I also love your engagement photos! You two are so adorable!

Really cool idea with the invites too sending everyone news letters and a Disney folder to keep all their paperwork in!

I was going to suggest Jason Angelini as a photographer (he was ours and it was a great time and he took AMAZING photos!) but I know someone who had Thirteen Moon too and she loved them.

Are you going to be doing any Bridal potraits?

Can't wait to hear more about your wedding planning!

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
Just saw this here! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding and the weight loss!!!!

I love the place you picked :) My husband and I just got married last May at Sea Breeze Point :) It's my favorite spot in all of Walt Disney World.

I love your engagement ring!!!!!! (will you post a pic of your wedding band too?) I've never seen an engagement ring like that so I can see how it would be hard to find a wedding band that fits perfectly with it.

I also love your engagement photos! You two are so adorable!

Really cool idea with the invites too sending everyone news letters and a Disney folder to keep all their paperwork in!

I was going to suggest Jason Angelini as a photographer (he was ours and it was a great time and he took AMAZING photos!) but I know someone who had Thirteen Moon too and she loved them.

Are you going to be doing any Bridal potraits?

Can't wait to hear more about your wedding planning!

Thank you thank you!!!

SBP is beautiful! Its the first place I ever saw a Disney wedding and knew I had to be married there!

I just set up a photo bucket account so I promise I'll be uploading pictures soon. And the folders... *sigh* we couldn't find them ANYWHERE! We looked at about 15 places. Oh well...

Yes! I have thirteenth moon booked for 5 hours and we are an escape wedding, so we will have a lot of time for bridal portraits haha!

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
We sent out our invites!!!! I dropped them off at the post office on Thursday. I was so anxious for people to get their mail on Friday haha. I texted a few people, "did you get your mail yet??" I'm such a crazy person. On Saturday, someone sent me a picture of their RSVP with the caption "I want to be the first to RSVP!!" That made me cry. Everything Disney or wedding related makes me cry.

I couldn't find the folders I was looking for... Bummer. But oh well, not the end of the world. However, I'm positive I'll find them now. Thats my luck.

Did I mention I am working out with a trainer? He's awesome!!! i saw him this past Friday. I updated him on my weight loss. Then I asked him if he thinks we can hit my goal by December. At first he made this weird face, and I got really discouraged. But then he said, "December?!?! I was thinking more like by the summer!" Whoa!!! I really hope we can do it! I feel like I am working so hard, but at the same time I feel like its not enough. I started keeping a food journal. Its really helpful! If you are trying to lose weight, I highly recommend it! But you have to be honest with yourself.

Funny story time... We saw Saving Mr. Banks. Did you see it?? We LOVED it! I cried... a lot! Unrelated to the story, but I had to share. Anyway, after we saw Mr. Banks, we saw Frozen!! Loved that too! Joe is kinda obsessed with it. It's scaring me a little. He tells me all the time how he listens to the music at work and even comes home singing it... So, while we were out on our folder hunt, we stopped in the Disney Store. They didn't have folders, but we looked around. In the back of the store, there is a giant tv screen where they play clips of movies. We were watching it and a commercial for a Disney vacation came on. Joe said "wow... 11 more months." I started crying. I had to go to a corner and compose myself. Joe was cracking up! I am so embarrassing!!! hahahaha! So then I was looking at the shirts. When I looked up to show him one, he was gone... I found him back over at the tv, watching a clip of Frozen! He is such a goof! I was so excited to get the "It's a small world" book! It comes with a CD of the song. Joe says I'm not allowed to listen to it though. ;-)

Holy moly Batman.... I am dress shopping THIS WEEKEND!!!!! Freaking out!!!! I just set up my photo bucket account, so I promise to upload pictures! And the ones of my wedding band. I hope this week flies by! Not only because I am excited, but because I am so tired and really miss Joe during the week. Our schedules are crazy and even though we live together, we never see each other. I work M-F 8-5 and twice a week I babysit 9pm-midnight. Joe works M-TH 12-9 and Saturday 8-5. So during the week, I get up and go to work. I get home around dinner time and hang out with our pup. By the time he gets home at 9:30, I am exhausted. And he immediately has to shower because he's filthy. Most of the time, I'm asleep by the time he is ready to relax and spend time together. Or if I'm working my second job, I have to leave the house again at 8:30 to get there by 9. So we just miss each other. I get home around half past midnight and we go straight to bed! Then I am up at 6:30 and getting ready for my first job again. Saturday, by the time he gets home and showered, its dinner time. Then we just relax, or I work. Sunday is our only day together!! We love it! Best day of the week!!! And I'm really considering adding a third job to have extra money for the wedding. I just have no idea how I would even fit that in!

Until next time...

PartOfYourWorld

Thank you thank you!!!

SBP is beautiful! Its the first place I ever saw a Disney wedding and knew I had to be married there!

I just set up a photo bucket account so I promise I'll be uploading pictures soon. And the folders... *sigh* we couldn't find them ANYWHERE! We looked at about 15 places. Oh well...

Yes! I have thirteenth moon booked for 5 hours and we are an escape wedding, so we will have a lot of time for bridal portraits haha!

Ooops I should have asked bridal potraits at the park. LOL. my bad. Are you doing any bridal potraits at the MK or anything?

Phew just reading about your two jobs is making me tired! Can't wait to see all your pics and have fun wedding dress shopping!!!! :D

wdwpooh1027

Ooops I should have asked bridal potraits at the park. LOL. my bad. Are you doing any bridal potraits at the MK or anything?

Phew just reading about your two jobs is making me tired! Can't wait to see all your pics and have fun wedding dress shopping!!!! :D
Did she mention how amazing her dress is!!! She is my wedding twin except I will be married for 1 year when she is getting married!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom