Amanda & Joe December 8, 2014 PJ

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
I don't know how to start this thing... it feels kinda awkward. I guess I should start from the beginning and tell you how we met and became a couple. Here goes nothing...

I saw Joe for the first time in 1999. We were in 5th grade! We had an awesome teacher! That's not important, but she really was awesome. Joe was new to the area. I thought he was cute. He was one of my very first crushes. But he rarely spoke! I later learned that he was upset that he had to move and go to a new school, so his way of rebelling was to not make friends. Poor kid. By the end of the school year, he had finally opened up and starting talking more. He was so funny!! We spoke occasionally throughout the year, though I wouldn't have considered us "friends".

The next year we moved on to middle school. We didn't see each other much throughout those three years, but if we did, I always said "hi"! And I still thought he was cute.
Then came high school! Yes, I still had a crush on Joe. But, I didn't think I had a chance with him. We were so completely different. He was the bad boy. I was the honor student. Still, if I passed him the hallway, I made sure to say "hey" and get a hug!! Eventually I started going out of my way to see him. He says I stalked him. I say I took the scenic route. Our senior year (2007) finally came around. We had phys ed together. It was our last class of the day. Afterwards, I'd quickly get dressed so we could walk out to the buses together. More hugs! After some time of this, we eventually exchanged number, which led to texting and late night chatting. I'll never forget how we would text each other late into the night. Falling asleep mid conversation. Then pick it back up first thing in the morning. Our first date soon followed. It was early spring. We saw a movie. I wish I remembered which one. I do remember two things about that night though.... he didn't buy my ticket! And our first kiss. The movie, whatever it was, had just started. He made little kissy noises. I felt my cheeks get hot. I just looked at the movie screen and smiled. Another kissy noise. I giggled. Then a louder kissy noise. I looked at him. He grabbed my face and kissed me.

Our senior prom was later that spring. We both hated it and had a horrible time. Which is funny because our prom is famous! He went with his ex-girlfriend since they already planned on going together before they broke up. I went with some random guy who worked at the gym I attended. At one point, we ended up near each other. He looked annoyed. I gave him a "is this over yet?" look. We graduated a month later! Woo hoo!!!

For the next two years, we continued to casually date. I wanted so badly for him to be my boyfriend. But he wasn't ready to make the commitment yet. Whatever!!! If he wasn't going to be committed and exclusive then neither was I! I hung out with some other guys too. I really wish I hadn't and saved myself the heartache. Some of them were terrible! After one particularly bad date, I called Joe and I was quite upset. He stayed the night with me and made everything better. It was very soon after that, that he was ready for us to be exclusive! From that point on, we were inseparable.

I'm not going to say that everything has been perfect. There were times I thought we were done. But when you know in your heart that its right and meant to be, you FIGHT for it! You do NOT give up! And through each struggle we have been through, we always come out stronger! And that's how I know we are going to be okay. Joe works so hard to make my every wish become reality. He has shown me that dreams really CAN come true! I appreciate him so very much! I just didn't know it was possible to love someone this much!

So.... that's us! Hope you'll come along on this journey with us. We are planning an escape wedding at sea breeze point on December 8, 2014. With an illuminations dessert party to follow. I also plan to use this to track my weight loss. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. My highest weight was a real all time low in my life. Especially when Joe struggles to gain weight. I hate him. But since this past April, I have lost 30 pounds!! I would still like to lose another 60. If I can lose 5 pounds a month up until the wedding, that will be perfect!!!

My next post will probably be about his proposal. Looking forward to chatting with you guys!

Last edited:

wdwpooh1027

You are getting married 1 year after me!!! Yay!!! Congrats!!!
I don't know how to start this thing... it feels kinda awkward. I guess I should start from the beginning and tell you how we met and became a couple. Here goes nothing...

I saw Joe for the first time in 1999. We were in 5th grade! We had an awesome teacher! That's not important, but she really was awesome. Joe was new to the area. I thought he was cute. He was one of my very first crushes. But he rarely spoke! I later learned that he was upset that he had to move and go to a new school, so his way of rebelling was to not make friends. Poor kid. By the end of the school year, he had finally opened up and starting talking more. He was so funny!! We spoke occasionally throughout the year, though I wouldn't have considered us "friends".

The next year we moved on to middle school. We didn't see each other much throughout those three years, but if we did, I always said "hi"! And I still thought he was cute.
Then came high school! Yes, I still had a crush on Joe. But, I didn't think I had a chance with him. We were so completely different. He was the bad boy. I was the honor student. Still, if I passed him the hallway, I made sure to say "hey" and get a hug!! Eventually I started going out of my way to see him. He says I stalked him. I say I took the scenic route. Our senior year (2007) finally came around. We had phys ed together. It was our last class of the day. Afterwards, I'd quickly get dressed so we could walk out to the buses together. More hugs! After some time of this, we eventually exchanged number, which led to texting and late night chatting. I'll never forget how we would text each other late into the night. Falling asleep mid conversation. Then pick it back up first thing in the morning. Our first date soon followed. It was early spring. We saw a movie. I wish I remembered which one. I do remember two things about that night though.... he didn't buy my ticket! And our first kiss. The movie, whatever it was, had just started. He made little kissy noises. I felt my cheeks get hot. I just looked at the movie screen and smiled. Another kissy noise. I giggled. Then a louder kissy noise. I looked at him. He grabbed my face and kissed me.

Our senior prom was later that spring. We both hated it and had a horrible time. Which is funny because our prom is famous! He went with his ex-girlfriend since they already planned on going together before they broke up. I went with some random guy who worked at the gym I attended. At one point, we ended up near each other. He looked annoyed. I gave him a "is this over yet?" look. We graduated a month later! Woo hoo!!!

For the next two years, we continued to casually date. I wanted so badly for him to be my boyfriend. But he wasn't ready to make the commitment yet. Whatever!!! If he wasn't going to be committed and exclusive then neither was I! I hung out with some other guys too. I really wish I hadn't and saved myself the heartache. Some of them were terrible! After one particularly bad date, I called Joe and I was quite upset. He stayed the night with me and made everything better. It was very soon after that, that he was ready for us to be exclusive! From that point on, we were inseparable.

I'm not going to say that everything has been perfect. There were times I thought we were done. But when you know in your heart that its right and meant to be, you FIGHT for it! You do NOT give up! And through each struggle we have been through, we always come out stronger! And that's how I know we are going to be okay. Joe works so hard to make my every wish become reality. He has shown me that dreams really CAN come true! I appreciate him so very much! I just didn't know it was possible to love someone this much!

So.... that's us! Hope you'll come along on this journey with us. We are planning an escape wedding at sea breeze point on December 8, 2014. With an illuminations dessert party to follow. I also plan to use this to track my weight loss. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. My highest weight was a real all time low in my life. Especially when Joe struggles to gain weight. I hate him. But since this past April, I have lost 30 pounds!! I would still like to lose another 60. If I can lose 5 pounds a month up until the wedding, that will be perfect!!!

My next post will probably be about his proposal. Looking forward to chatting with you guys!

futuremrslaster

Original Poster

haha funny you mention that! I have seen your wedding date posted in a few places. I had a small panic attack for a second and thought we were going to have to battle it out. then I realized it said 2013. what a perfect time to be in Disney!!!

wdwpooh1027

haha funny you mention that! I have seen your wedding date posted in a few places. I had a small panic attack for a second and thought we were going to have to battle it out. then I realized it said 2013. what a perfect time to be in Disney!!!
LoL...that is funny. But you don't have to worry about it NO battles necessary!!!! Did u join the DISbrides group on Facebook???? It's very helpful and the girls are wonderful!!!!!

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
Sorry I haven't been on here much. I have been crazy busy. But thats normal for a Disney Bride To Be, right? haha

OK, here we go....

When Joe and I first started dating, he had never been to Disney and just didn't understand my love for it. I was worried. I couldn't see myself with someone who didn't also love being there. So two years into our relationship, I was finally able to convince him to take a trip with me. We planned a visit early December, 2011. It was going to be our first vacation! Yay! After we planned our vacation and made all of our meal reservations, etc. my whole family decided they wanted to go too! We spent some time with them, but we tried to spend most of our time alone. Anyway... I had always told Joe about my dream of being proposed to in Disney. So, I assumed he was going to propose while we were there! I over packed big time! I wanted to look my best every day, so I would be ready for those "just engaged" pictures. It was ridiculous. I never care what I look like. Sweats for life! The proposal never happened. I was a little bummed. But then I told myself that it was because it was his first time there. He just wanted to get a feel of the place and NEXT TIME he would pop the question. We still had a great time! I was able to share with him all of my favorite childhood memories. And we got to make our own(Mickey ice cream bars every day!) Joe finally understood my obsession! Thank God! He was speechless when he saw the castle. Didn't think it was actually that big. He was so excited to see all his favorite characters, especially Buzz. He got all the signatures and happily wore his Mickey ears! I was such a happy girl!

Soon after we got home, he said he wanted to go back next year! Oy vey.... could we afford that?? We've been living on our own for a while now. We were doing well for ourselves, but we are not rich! But this was it! He wanted to propose to me! He wants me to be his wife! We don't have a choice. We HAVE to afford this. So, we booked another trip. Almost exactly one year after our last one. But this time(December 2012), we took my two little sisters (12 and 13). They had never been there before and we promised them we would take them.
Again, over packed and looked great every day! I was ready. My tummy went nuts when we went to our favorite places and especially during fireworks! I even told my little sisters to always have their cameras ready in case he got down on one knee. It, again, didn't happen. This time I was super disappointed. I was worried a part of me would hate WDW now. I tried to tell myself that it will happen someday. Don't force it. Just enjoy each other. Christmas passed. Then New Years, Joe's birthday, Valentine's day.... I started thinking "hey! its Tuesday! Maybe it will happen today!" haha But soon I let it go. I already have my man. He's not going anywhere. It will happen. Live for today.

This past summer, my grandparents offered to let us use their timeshare in New York City. We live in Philadelphia, Pa so NYC is just a quick train ride away. That sounded perfect! We were in desperate need of a vacation! We work A LOT! We both take any overtime offered to us. I work two jobs and do photography in my spare time. You'll see how much we work as you get to know us more. And this trip happened to be perfect timing! We were each starting new jobs and had a few days off in between, so we planned for a long weekend. On August 17, 2013, we dropped our pup, Daisy, off at doggie daycare and headed to the train station. We arrived at about lunch time, dropped our stuff off in the penthouse suite at the Manhattan Club, and headed to Soho. I needed some new shoes. I found this vegan shoe store online and was so excited to go there! Its called Moo Shoes. We each got a pair of shoes. I also got a cute tote bag. It says "what kind of A**hole eats a lamb?". Then we headed to an Asian vegan restaurant. YUM! Its called Wild Ginger. We were stuffed when we left. Joe said he wanted to spend the rest of the evening in Times Square, just a few blocks from our hotel. So we stopped back in to get changed into something more comfortable. I was not happy at all with my outfit choice, but Joe was bugging me to go! Off we went. When we got to Times Square, Joe just stood there, looking around. Right in the center of all the action. It felt like we were standing there FOREVER. I remember saying to Joe, "I've never just stood here like this before. Its pretty." We continued to stand there.... Finally, Joe said he was ready. But he didn't go anywhere. He turned to me, took my hands in his, told me he loved me and couldn't imagine spending his life without me. He kissed me. Then he kissed me again. I started giggling, as it became clear what was happening. Joe then took a step back, dropped to one knee, pulled out a small box, opened it up, and asked me to marry him. YES! I said yes and started crying like a baby. Joe stood up and held me in his arms. For a moment, I forgot where we were. Then I heard the sound of people clapping and I was pulled back to Earth. Thousands of people all around us, clapping, whistling, and coming over to congratulate us.

Then we went to Ruby Tuesday and got some FREE shots! Woo hoo!!!! The rest of our trip was absolutely pure bliss. I beamed with happiness! And every time I look down and see that beautiful ring on my finger, I get excited all over again! I get to spend the rest of my life with the man of my dreams!
I always thought I wanted a Disney proposal, but I was wrong! This night was perfect! As always, I couldn't ask for anything more. I was not expecting this at all. For one, Joe has never been able to surprise me. I always figure him out. And for the past like two years, we've had a shared bank account! I took charge of the finances and making sure everything got paid. And his paycheck is directly deposited into the account! I would have noticed the missing money. Whatever! You got me, Joe.

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
I am going CRAZY!!! Last Friday(October 18th) was so much fun for us! It was like we were reliving our engagement day. Here's what happened...

I love love love my engagement ring! (I'll have to upload a photo soon) But here's the thing- on either side of the main stone is a curve. Each side curving either up or down with small stones on the curve. It has been impossible to find a band to match it because of the curve! We have stopped in every jewelry store we pass. You'd think the store that made it, would have also designed a band for it. Nope! Everything I have tried, leaves an annoying gap on one side. So a great friend of mine suggested we go see their friend who owns a small jewelry store in New York City! He can custom make me something to fit perfectly with my ring! YAY! I was excited to have something one of a kind, made just for me. Joe was super nervous about the price of that, but we were assured by my friend that we'd get a much better deal than if we went with one of those big name, chain stores. I also reminded him that this was his fault for buying that engagement ring and we now had to do what we have to do! hehe!! Good thing he loves me and treats me like a princess.

So we planned another trip to NYC. It just so happened that the jewelry store was just a few blocks from the restaurant and shoe store we visited on the day we got engaged! We met with the jeweler and we fell absolutely in love with him. He never asked me what I envisioned, but when he told me his plan it was exactly what I had in mind! He's one of those people that make you feel like family right away. We talked about our Disney wedding and so many other things. He told me I would have to leave my ring with him for a few days so he could design it. He'd call me so we can meet up and I could get my ring. We left in a great mood!

We didn't have much time to spend in the city. The plan was to stop at the jeweler, grab lunch, and head home. But we weren't quite ready for lunch when we left the store. So we decided to stop at the shoe store again. It was like our engagement day all over again, except this time we were picking out a ring together! We didn't plan on buying anything at the shoe store. Just needed to waste some time and build up an appetite before we stopped at our restaurant again. So we walked around. I spotted these super cute sandals! They were turquoise, the exact color of Jasmine's dress. Our wedding colors are gray and turquoise with some yellow touches. I tried them on and fell in love! They were just absolutely perfect for my wedding shoes! I begged my prince to let me get them and of course he said yes! WOO HOO!!!!

Then we walked a few blocks to Wild Ginger and had the same meals we had on our special day. Our tummies were quite happy! It was so nice relaxing together and talking. We don't get much time to just sit and talk. After lunch, we started back toward the train station. We stopped at a brewery and had some delicious drinks! Then home we went to see our puppy!

Here's why I am going CRAZY! Its October 27th and I still haven't heard from the jeweler. I think I'll call him tomorrow. I really miss my ring....

Up next.... engagement pictures!

wdwpooh1027

I am going CRAZY!!! Last Friday(October 18th) was so much fun for us! It was like we were reliving our engagement day. Here's what happened...

I love love love my engagement ring! (I'll have to upload a photo soon) But here's the thing- on either side of the main stone is a curve. Each side curving either up or down with small stones on the curve. It has been impossible to find a band to match it because of the curve! We have stopped in every jewelry store we pass. You'd think the store that made it, would have also designed a band for it. Nope! Everything I have tried, leaves an annoying gap on one side. So a great friend of mine suggested we go see their friend who owns a small jewelry store in New York City! He can custom make me something to fit perfectly with my ring! YAY! I was excited to have something one of a kind, made just for me. Joe was super nervous about the price of that, but we were assured by my friend that we'd get a much better deal than if we went with one of those big name, chain stores. I also reminded him that this was his fault for buying that engagement ring and we now had to do what we have to do! hehe!! Good thing he loves me and treats me like a princess.

So we planned another trip to NYC. It just so happened that the jewelry store was just a few blocks from the restaurant and shoe store we visited on the day we got engaged! We met with the jeweler and we fell absolutely in love with him. He never asked me what I envisioned, but when he told me his plan it was exactly what I had in mind! He's one of those people that make you feel like family right away. We talked about our Disney wedding and so many other things. He told me I would have to leave my ring with him for a few days so he could design it. He'd call me so we can meet up and I could get my ring. We left in a great mood!

We didn't have much time to spend in the city. The plan was to stop at the jeweler, grab lunch, and head home. But we weren't quite ready for lunch when we left the store. So we decided to stop at the shoe store again. It was like our engagement day all over again, except this time we were picking out a ring together! We didn't plan on buying anything at the shoe store. Just needed to waste some time and build up an appetite before we stopped at our restaurant again. So we walked around. I spotted these super cute sandals! They were turquoise, the exact color of Jasmine's dress. Our wedding colors are gray and turquoise with some yellow touches. I tried them on and fell in love! They were just absolutely perfect for my wedding shoes! I begged my prince to let me get them and of course he said yes! WOO HOO!!!!

Then we walked a few blocks to Wild Ginger and had the same meals we had on our special day. Our tummies were quite happy! It was so nice relaxing together and talking. We don't get much time to just sit and talk. After lunch, we started back toward the train station. We stopped at a brewery and had some delicious drinks! Then home we went to see our puppy!

Here's why I am going CRAZY! Its October 27th and I still haven't heard from the jeweler. I think I'll call him tomorrow. I really miss my ring....

Up next.... engagement pictures!

Not having ur engagement ring after being so used to having it is torture. That happened to me twice. I had to get it resized and have them do the rhodium plating again. I had it back for about a week but I had to send it back for another sizing. I was loosing my mind. I hope you get your ring back soon. O and AWESOME about finding your shoes.

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
So here's a funny story.... As we were on the train, headed home from the jeweler, poor Joe was taking a nap, and I suddenly freaked out and yelled "OH MY GOD!!!" Joe jumped and asked me what was wrong. We had our engagement pictures in TWO days! And I didn't have my engagement ring! HAHAHAHAHA So dumb. I sent a quick email to our photographer and told her not to plan any close up hand or ring shots.

Our photo session was so much fun! We went to a local park. And the trees were beautiful Fall colors. We were so giggly and just had a blast! Joe is so bad taking pictures and never smiles. I had to threaten him our whole ride there. Told him I'd keep paying for more sessions until he did it right. He loved it and told the photographer to let him know if he ever needs a model. HAHAHA what a goof! You can see our pictures here- engagement-amanda-and-joe-tyler-state-park

AND.... I heard from the jeweler yesterday! YAY! He said he sent out the mold for the ring and it is being made now! AHHH! I am so excited! A little nervous that I didn't get to see any type of design or anything, but I trust him. Its just going to be a band with diamonds around it that fits exactly to my ring.... how could that be bad? hehe

futuremrslaster

Original Poster
Here is my engagement ring!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8945.JPG
    IMG_8945.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 93

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom