Am I the only one who thinks The Aristocats looks bad on Blu-ray?

Yert3

Original Poster
Okay, now let me get something out of the way. In terms of clarity, it is one of the best Blu-rays Disney has ever released. I wish I could say the same for the colors. They seem way too dark and they are very inconsistent at times. Now I don't know what the correct color scheme is, but it seems better on the DVD. It's funny, because in terms of picture clarity, The Aristocats on DVD is one of the worst I've ever seen. Even my VHS copy has a better picture. I don't know a lot about what goes into film restoration, but I know a little. I know an original film print is scanned into a computer, it is color-correcting using a grey-scale, remove scratches and dust, and the blast the thing is DNR (Which I don't particularly like). Here are a couple of screen shots to show what I am talking about.

394891_4519043967314_1667432852_n.jpg

860320_4961480907961_992851276_o.jpg

Don't even get me started on how bad The Rescuers looks. It has never even had a proper restoration on any home video format. Here's a screenshot:
774375_4653307723824_1214141799_o.jpg

There's even a petition online to get Disney to properly restore it. Here is a link:
http://www.petitiononline.com/petitions/drescuer/signatures

The Fox and the Hound is still Disney's worst Blu-ray release, though.

cookiee_munster

ive got the aristocats and i didn't think it was that bad? right now, the only disney bluray that i own (and i own quite a lot now) i was disappointed with was tarzan, i thought i was going to have a seizure during the night time scenes lol

Soarin' Over Pgh

Yeah, it seems they have removed too much of the darker tones from The Aristocats. I haven't seen the Rescuers on DVD yet.

I wonder if its any better on Blu Ray?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom