Am I The Lucky One?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
You know when I read people's stories of things that shouldn't happen at Disney,and the " state of the parks " I begin to wonder.Am I at the same place as these other people? Last year was our fifth trip to WDW,our first two trips were a two centre vacation,in other words,one week on site and one week off site.So in total we've spent 56 days & nights in the magic bubble.Yet in all that time,exploring the parks,rides,simulators,restaurants,character meetings,shows,etc,etc, Ive never came across a major problem that would stop me coming to Disney.So am I the lucky one,or is it just some people like to complain about anything they see wrong.? Yes I've been on the doom buggy when it stops inside the haunted mansion,but hey! It starts up again and away we go.:)

Californian Elitist

I don't see you as being lucky. Just unaware of the problems at the resort.

When people complain, it's because they love the place so darn much, and they want to see it in its best shape. That's it. They don't hate the place. In fact, they love it to death.

You haven't seen complaining or "doom and gloomers" until you've met the Disneyland community. I was on MiceChat the other day and someone was ed off that the schedule for New Years (or something like that) wasn't holiday themed. People were even complaining about the Golden Horseshoe Revue.

I know you have an adoration for WDW, Hatter, but when things are blatantly wrong and it's dead in your face, like the sad state of Splash and Maelstrom, or anything else, we shouldn't be getting irritated when one speaks up about it. Walt Disney held a standard for Disneyland, when he was alive, and that standard should still be held for all the other Disney theme parks around the world. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

I'm actually grateful for people reporting this stuff. I've held off a first time visit to WDW because of the state its in right now. This is a good thing, as I don't want to have a bad and negative first impression.

DisneyDebNJ

You know when I read people's stories of things that shouldn't happen at Disney,and the " state of the parks " I begin to wonder.Am I at the same place as these other people? Last year was our fifth trip to WDW,our first two trips were a two centre vacation,in other words,one week on site and one week off site.So in total we've spent 56 days & nights in the magic bubble.Yet in all that time,exploring the parks,rides,simulators,restaurants,character meetings,shows,etc,etc, Ive never came across a major problem that would stop me coming to Disney.So am I the lucky one,or is it just some people like to complain about anything they see wrong.? Yes I've been on the doom buggy when it stops inside the haunted mansion,but hey! It starts up again and away we go.:)
Im with you 100% Hatter, no minor problem that couldnt be fixed. Maybe its me and my state of mind when Im at Disney, Im on vacation, and nothing I have ever experienced while there, can compare to the stresses of daily life. I have had not-so-nice experiences, but got over it soon after it was over. I dont have to cook, clean, pay bills, and have 24 hrs of the day to spend with my family. In other words... its all good :)

copcarguyp71

While I am keenly aware of the multitude of failings from my armchair here at home I am still able to put on my rosy glasses once we are at the world and enjoy it for what it is. The facts still remain that problems exist that did not ten years ago and I care enough to discuss them here on the forums in an open minded way.

Do I notice that UoE is stale and in need of some plus-ing...yes I do. Am I saddened by the state of Imagination...yes I am. Do I think there are areas of the parks in need of attention...yes I do but none of that keeps me from enjoying my time with my family. I do not lose sight of the fact that vacation is my time to reconnect at the very core of our family and make these memories that our DD will take with her the rest of her life no matter if we are at the seashore, mountain resorts or WDW.

Pooh Lover

Hatter, I think it comes down to your outlook on life in general. You never complain about anything, you look forward with great gusto to most things in life and your love for WDW rivals no one. Being some one who is wound a little tight too often, your attitude is down right infectious. So yes Hatter, you are a lucky one! I would pay dearly for an outlook and attitude like yours. :D

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I don't see you as being lucky. Just unaware of the problems at the resort.

When people complain, it's because they love the place so darn much, and they want to see it in its best shape. That's it. They don't hate the place. In fact, they love it to death.

You haven't seen complaining or "doom and gloomers" until you've met the Disneyland community. I was on MiceChat the other day and someone was ed off that the schedule for New Years (or something like that) wasn't holiday themed. People were even complaining about the Golden Horseshoe Revue.

I know you have an adoration for WDW, Hatter, but when things are blatantly wrong and it's dead in your face, like the sad state of Splash and Maelstrom, or anything else, we shouldn't be getting irritated when one speaks up about it. Walt Disney held a standard for Disneyland, when he was alive, and that standard should still be held for all the other Disney theme parks around the world. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

I'm actually grateful for people reporting this stuff. I've held off a first time visit to WDW because of the state its in right now. This is a good thing, as I don't want to have a bad and negative first impression.
. I understand where your coming from.If I worked for the company,then I'd maybe see it in a different light.But whilst on vacation,I must be blinded by the pixie dust.So your right,I'am unaware of these problems,but am sure Theres plenty of people out there fixing them for me just before I arrive.;)

karolena3

I agree. I haven't been since 2007 for a variety of reasons and I would have done anything to have gone in the last few years to see a broken yeti, Maelstrom, or Splash Mountain. I am finally going this March and nothing is going to rain on my parade while I'm there.

However, I do think there are always things that need to be fixed or worked on, but Disney is a business (probably the best in this business) and I trust them to make the right decisions (even if that means having to balance what the consumer wants and what the shareholder wants). I also believe in constructive criticism, but I fell like some people on these boards only want to complain. Now, I just try to avoid those threads or the threads where particular posters show up.

Disney will always be my happy place that gets me through a tough day. And a particularly crappy day at Disney is a million times better than a great day at work or in the real world in my opinion.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I agree. I haven't been since 2007 for a variety of reasons and I would have done anything to have gone in the last few years to see a broken yeti, Maelstrom, or Splash Mountain. I am finally going this March and nothing is going to rain on my parade while I'm there.

However, I do think there are always things that need to be fixed or worked on, but Disney is a business (probably the best in this business) and I trust them to make the right decisions (even if that means having to balance what the consumer wants and what the shareholder wants). I also believe in constructive criticism, but I fell like some people on these boards only want to complain. Now, I just try to avoid those threads or the threads where particular posters show up.

Disney will always be my happy place that gets me through a tough day. And a particularly crappy day at Disney is a million times better than a great day at work or in the real world in my opinion.
. Another happy face,nice to see,and I gave you your first like,another fairy gets her wings tonight.What do you mean am I mad.:)

Californian Elitist

. I understand where your coming from.If I worked for the company,then I'd maybe see it in a different light.But whilst on vacation,I must be blinded by the pixie dust.So your right,I'am unaware of these problems,but am sure Theres plenty of people out there fixing them for me just before I arrive.;)

I hope people are fixing them, too! I want to have a great first impression when I get there!:)

jonesenon4

Once again hatter i agree with you when i'm at disney i'm not looking for imperfections i'm enjoying the moment. Is disney perfect, no but it is still the most wonderful and magical place i can think of.I feel most of the bashers are locals with APs who go to the parks regularly and are jaded and put the parks under a microscope looking for imperfections. They are not like the people who get to go every once in a while who go just to enjoy the magic of Walt Disney World and focus on the beauty of the parks not the imperfections.

jlsHouston

I love this forum. It has all kinds of people who love all things disney, and they all have different varying degrees of history with the disney properties and are willing to share their insights and experiences and sometimes their helpful or even not so great opinions..I have to agree with Hatter on this topic which is when I am at the World 5 visits in 2 years resulting in 32 days/ 31 nights between 4th of July 2011 and Thanksgiving 2012, the Magic was/is there for me and my travel companions. It isn't that Splash didn't stop about 5 times the 3 times my kiddos were on it ( I refused to get on it anything that needs a net to hold something up ) they still had a great time riding it. And It's not that I was over-awed by the new FanstasyLand, I didn't even get to explore it adequately this last visit because of the crowds but I can tell you I am looking forward to seeing more of it on my subsequent visits...Have I had a negative experience at the World? A couple.. Nothing that managed to pop that magic bubble for me though. It still ranks as my favorite place to vacation!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hatter, I think it comes down to your outlook on life in general. You never complain about anything, you look forward with great gusto to most things in life and your love for WDW rivals no one. Being some one who is wound a little tight too often, your attitude is down right infectious. So yes Hatter, you are a lucky one! I would pay dearly for an outlook and attitude like yours. :D
Cheers. But I have made many a complaint to certain things in life,even a vacation in Europe that was a disaster from start to Finnish.Maybe I'am just a complete Disney nut that won't be cracked under any circumstances.;)

PUSH

I agree with you, Hatter. I rarely notice the things people talk about when I'm there. When I'm sitting at home I see what they're saying, but once I'm there I'm oblivious to it all. None of it will ever stop me from going.

real mad hatter

Original Poster

. Love that quote.." A crappy day at Disney is a million times better than a great day in the real world." Thats on my T - Shirt for my next vacation.:)

l4dybu6

I'm at Disney at least once a month and while I do think that a few things can be fixed, I love it there and nothing will stop me from going back! Being there is just so relaxing! I don't have to worry about anything and it gives me time to spend with my family, since we are all usually busy.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im not surprised you have no time for complaints, too busy taking notes for reference to make 10,000 posts a day on here.

But it comes down to choice, some folk are happy with mince, whilst others would rather have steak.

Hoots mon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom