Am I stupid for not choosing grand floridian?

Mr Morrow

No it would be a garden view room. I'm not sure if castle views are worth it since it is a limited view vs the contemporary.

If by 'limited' you mean further away, then that is correct but with the castle view rooms at the GF you can still see the castle clearly.

I wouldn't worry too much about what you 'could' have had, more look forward to staying at where you've booked. You'll have a magnificent time at the Boardwalk Inn!

Upvote 0

SecondStarTilMorning

Original Poster
If by 'limited' you mean further away, then that is correct but with the castle view rooms at the GF you can still see the castle clearly.

I wouldn't worry too much about what you 'could' have had, more look forward to staying at where you've booked. You'll have a magnificent time at the Boardwalk Inn!

Thanks. I have access to what might be a once in a lifetime discount, and can basically stay anywhere on property that we want. It's a very hard decision- I love the Epcot area resorts- but to be on the monorail would be quite special.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I hate it when I second guess myself with which resort would make me happier...I think the BWI will be an awesome place to stay...as would the GF...my personal preference between the 2 resorts would be BWI...because I too really love the EPCOT area resorts..on the other hand...my budget last Thanksgiving put me choosing between the POLY ( my MK fav resort ) and BWI... and we stayed at the POLY.

Upvote 0

Mr Morrow

Thanks. I have access to what might be a once in a lifetime discount, and can basically stay anywhere on property that we want. It's a very hard decision- I love the Epcot area resorts- but to be on the monorail would be quite special.

Oh my word! I've got a better idea, you can give it to me and you won't have to make that decision ;)

Only joking! It is such a hard decision but a nice decision if you know what I mean. You won't regret either decision, which ever one you go for!

Upvote 0

Mrsdonaldduck

Noooooo not stupid it is all a matter of personal preference. Have you stayed at either of these resorts in the past?
I have never stayed at boardwalk so I can't add an opinion about it.
We did love the gf garden view. The main reasons why gf is our resort of choice is the proximity to Mk our favorite park, being on the monorail with three little ones and it just feels ao right when we ate there. I love hearing the Walt Disney world railroad and watching wishes from the hotel. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip it will be magical whichever you choose

Upvote 0

acishere

You are probably better off with the water view at Boardwalk. I'm not a big fan of GF's atmosphere however. I much prefer Boardwalk's dining and nightlife options right there. The place just feels like it has more energy and things to see.

Downside for Boardwalk is that creepy clown at the pool.

Upvote 0

luv

I wouldn't pick hotels based on proximity to parks. They're all close to some and further from others. Even places like BWI...you're talking about a matter of a few minutes. Not a big enough whup to consider.

I'd take GF over BWI, but have been to both and like GF better.

Look at the room pics online and see which you like better, then go with that!

That's my advice. :)

Upvote 0

SecondStarTilMorning

Original Poster
I wouldn't pick hotels based on proximity to parks. They're all close to some and further from others. Even places like BWI...you're talking about a meter of a few minutes. Not a big enough whup to consider.

I'd take GF over BWI, but have been to both and like GF better.

Look at the room pics online and see which you like better, then go with that!

That's my advice. :)

You're right proximity isn't a huge deal- aside from walking to Epcot which is just... cool. What did you prefer about the GF over BWI?

Upvote 0

bethymouse

If I had a choice, I would choose GF since it is a monorail resort and the elite deluxe hotel on property!:) I also love MK and taking the boat launch over! The lobby is breathtaking! it would be a once in a lifetime chance I believe!:D The restaurant choices are fabulous and it's nice to watch the fireworks from the beach.;) Theme: Victorian Era. Rooms are nice.
On the other hand, BI is very pretty and boat launch/walk to Epcot, yacht club/beach club, swan, and dolphin are nice as well as access to Hollywood Studios. Theme: Boardwalk of Atlantic City w/ shops & restaurants. Gorgeous night view!:) Rooms are also nice.
Both choices are great either way!
I am a bit jealous. Pea green w/ envy!;)

Upvote 0

luv

You're right proximity isn't a huge deal- aside from walking to Epcot which is just... cool. What did you prefer about the GF over BWI?
Nothing. Theme. Rooms. Ease of getting to the pool. Gift shop(s). Restaurants. Skipping the TTC on MK days.

I said nothing, but i meant that there is no reason I think anyone else should choose the GF over BWI. :)

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

Noooooo not stupid it is all a matter of personal preference. Have you stayed at either of these resorts in the past?
I have never stayed at boardwalk so I can't add an opinion about it.
We did love the gf garden view. The main reasons why gf is our resort of choice is the proximity to Mk our favorite park, being on the monorail with three little ones and it just feels ao right when we ate there. I love hearing the Walt Disney world railroad and watching wishes from the hotel. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip it will be magical whichever you choose
That's a good point. My family generally spends time at Epcot, so the proximity to Epcot is good. Plus you can walk to DHS, which is my favorite theme park. I like it because it's easy to get to two out of the four theme parks. Contemporary is my pick along the monorail line. Grand Floridian we might try once the DVC part opens, though only for part of the trip. I can't stand the frills for too long. But if you want proximety to MK, GF might be a consideration.

Plus I've stayed at every DVC resort there is except for Vero Beach (yes, I have even been to Grand Californian and Aulani) so I have a reputation to maintain;).

Boardwalk also has free Ms. Pacman and air hockey at community hall. Don't believe the machine, it does not cost a thing. Just hit the one player button and the game will start. Boardwalk is good for relaxing. You've got the Boardwalk with the shops and night entertainment right there, and the pool is nice (also, the courtyard pool at GF may or may not be open when you go, so keep that in mind) plus you can walk to the Fantasia Mini golf courses.

My personal favorite hotel is Contemporary (BLT!), but that's just me...

Upvote 0

SecondStarTilMorning

Original Poster
Nothing. Theme. Rooms. Ease of getting to the pool. Gift shop(s). Restaurants. Skipping the TTC on MK days.

I said nothing, but i meant that there is no reason I think anyone else should choose the GF over BWI. :)

I said nothing, but i meant that there is no reason I think anyone else should choose the GF over BWI. :)[/

Would you pay to upgrade from garden view at the floridian? Construction looks messy right now.

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

I think it's a bigger deal. We save so much time because of the proximity. It bothered me when we stayed at AKL and had to plan an hour of travel time...

Boardwalk (I can't type BWI, BWI is my airport) is also close to DHS. It's about a five minute walk, or you can take the boat. We usually walk. Just keep it in mind. But in the end, you should pick based on the rooms. I HATE GF. It's too frilly; I don't even like walking in there. Boardwalk is more laidback. But that's me; my parents tell me I'm nuts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom