Am I going to hate Pop Century?

mlee10

What section of POP were you in.

I am having second thoughts about moving back to POP. Preferred rooms are gone but I can still get a standard and save $400 for the 3 nights. I am terrible about over planning and changing my mind but $400 is quite a bit of $$$ to save!!

We were in the 80's section and had a refurbished room. We really did enjoy it. We have 2 kids but to be honest i would stay there even if I didn't have kids. We also do not spend a ton of time at the resort. I would say to save $400, try it!!

ppet

PQFQ is my favorite resort of all including deluxe. But after doing AoA this last trip the Skyliner is a game changer for me. I prefer it to buses or mono rails. I would definitely give POP a try again based on it alone. CB has also moved back up in my rankings due to Skyliner.

BoarderPhreak

Hate it? Nah! You're at Walt Disney World.

Depending on your tastes though, some of the theming elements may be a bit... Loud. But the rooms are clean and nicely appointed. Lots of fun for the kids, including pools. Best part of all though might be the new Skyliner; excellent access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

KellBelle

We just did a split stay between POP and POFQ. We really liked both! Surprisingly, we found POP to be the quieter of the 2 resorts. We were in the 50's building and not once did we hear the people above us (we were on 1st floor), or did we notice any noise from the hallways. At POFQ, we had a 2nd floor in bldg. 3 and definitely heard the people above us and there was a decent amount of traffic in the hallways. Not enough to be a bother, but still noticeable.

We drive down to MCO, but I did use the bus at POFQ to get to a park one day and the bus did make a stop at Riverside first. The boat to Disney Springs was great, we did utilize that.

While the bathrooms at POFQ have 2 sinks, the ones at POP have a lot more storage space and far better water pressure in the shower.

The food court at POFQ was definitely quieter and less chaotic, but I really did not care for the food the 2 times I ate in there. I did however, LOVE the beignets, they are delicious and very much lived up to the hype for us.

I personally think you would like either one. We have stayed at A.S.S and felt POP to be a step us, even though they are both values.

MissingDisney

We hate multiple stops. It’s one reason we pretty much only stay at POFQ over others. We really didn’t love AKL or the hassle of the monorail at park closing. We‘ve stayed close to a months worth at FQ in recent times and literally stopped at POR once.

NickMaio

I have scheduled a short 3 night trip 3/02 and my niece from Tampa is joining me. Two adult female doing this trip with no kids.

I have Pop reserved but now I am having second thoughts after reading a lot of review that say noisy, tons of kids, crowded, etc. The price is good and I will be coming in on the magical express but she has a car and of course we could use the skyliner or bus from the resort.

My last several visits have been deluxe resorts but I have always wanted to try POFQ. It would cost $343.05 total for the 3 nights to change our reservation to FQ. No discounts are available. Rooms look a lot nicer and it would be quieter and the food court better.

For those who have stayed at both, what would you do?
Before our little one we really enjoyed staying at Pop. It's a cool little hotel not far from the resorts.
We found Wildreness lodge log cabins to be too far. It took forever to get anywhere there. Nice Cabins though.

Rlandrigan

Pop really surprised us in October. We were expecting to grin and bear it - we're Moderate and Deluxe guests until this trip - but honestly, it's a great place. The rooms are more cruise line style - compact, but well organized. Not huge, but for 2 adults and a 8 and 12 year old, still good. Yah, still good. The Skyliners/Skyovens make getting to DHS and Epcot fast and fun, the single bus stop is nice at both Pop and POFQ, and honestly while I love POFQ, Pop makes so much more sense financially. The fast transport options with the Skyliners sell it, without those, it's less of an advantage, but any time you have another option to get to the parks it makes the trip a lot better.

Tom P.

Before our little one we really enjoyed staying at Pop. It's a cool little hotel not far from the resorts.
We found Wildreness lodge log cabins to be too far. It took forever to get anywhere there. Nice Cabins though.
The cabins are at Fort Wilderness, which is officially classified as a moderate resort, albeit a very unique one. Wilderness Lodge is a deluxe resort with standard rooms and DVC villas. No cabins there.

NickMaio

The cabins are at Fort Wilderness, which is officially classified as a moderate resort, albeit a very unique one. Wilderness Lodge is a deluxe resort with standard rooms and DVC villas. No cabins there.
Cool.
Log cabins = long travel time to get anywere on WDW property.
We would prob not go back for that reason.

Dad 2 M & M

You mean when it doesn't share with Port Orleans resort which adds close to 3 thousand rooms and a lot extra time to your trip. For me I'd rather stay pop century preferred room and be just a couple minutes to the one bus stop that goes only to pop.
Now that the Skyliner has opened, Pop shares with AoA more often now than they did in the past. They used to share rarely, and it was during the day when there were very few riders. Now they tend to share at almost every Wednesday MK EME, as well as the Tuesday night Epcot EME. The Epcot EME might be different now the Skyliner is actually running past 10:30....
I have never shared with POR at POFQ. Perhaps I’ve been lucky?
You have been extremely lucky. We have been lucky as well, as we have NEVER had the shared busing at an All-Star, but have at Pop. The busing for Pop and an All-Star is equally bad and is trying at times. The only time we use it is to MK as the TTC is a challenge.
It nearly always shares...
Pop shares frequently now as well....especially to Ak and MK. Our trip in November, when returning from the Wednesday night MK EME, we actually shared with AoA and Caribbean!!

Dad 2 M & M

What section of POP were you in.

I am having second thoughts about moving back to POP. Preferred rooms are gone but I can still get a standard and save $400 for the 3 nights. I am terrible about over planning and changing my mind but $400 is quite a bit of $$$ to save!!
Stay in the 50s building as it is quiet, and now has the added benefit of being next to the Skyliner.....

The 90s bldg is quiet as well, and has a very secluded small parking area.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
POP will give you as much Disney as you are paying for. Which is the norm really. Want a little more Disney - stay in a moderate. Want a little more Disney on top of that - well a Deluxe is your ticket. You won't be disappointed as long as your expectation of how much Disney you're going to get is set properly.

Dad 2 M & M

POP will give you as much Disney as you are paying for. Which is the norm really. Want a little more Disney - stay in a moderate. Want a little more Disney on top of that - well a Deluxe is your ticket. You won't be disappointed as long as your expectation of how much Disney you're going to get is set properly.
well said

The_Jobu

No you wont hate it, why would you hate a Disney hotel? It's a great hotel and now they have the skyliner. My favourite Orlando hotel so far is Sapphire Falls but Pop is also up there, you'll love it.

I've got a split stay coming up myself. If all goes to plan, first half at Pop then debating between Caribbean Beach or Riverside after. I like the tropical vibes of CBR but Riverside has a boat to Disney Springs which I would use a few times. Haven't stayed at either before, not sure which way to go. Also waiting to see if any May discounts come out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom