Am I Going Nuts Or..........?

Djali999

Original Poster
I rode Big Thunder the other day and.... am I going nuts or is it significantly slower than it used to be? albiet, it may be because I was seated near the middle of the train, but really.... I could swear that it was moving along slower than it should be.

perhaps it was just an off day? =(

Lokheed

I rode it a couple weeks ago, and it was painfully slow. The brakes were engaging constantly, slowing it down at any time that it might have been at risk for outpacing an anemic snail.

Lamest. Coaster. Ever.

Disney Tigress

They might have slowed it down since the Big Thunder Mountian over here at Disneyland had that accident this past year. They might want to play it safe until they find out what happened and what caused the train to detach like it did. I hope they find what what happened soon here at Disneyland. It's boring over here since both Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain are closed.

Lokheed

They've known for months what happened in the DL incident, and the official report was released a few weeks ago. A retaining bolt was not tightened properly, and the work was signed off by someone who didn't even personally inspect it. The vehicle was allowed to continue operating for over a half hour *after* the ride operator became aware that it was making odd noises. The incident was 100% the fault of Disney and poor maintenance, and had absolutely nothing to do with any inherant design flaws. There is no reason to slow the ride down like this.

ISTCrew20

I rode it 2 days after it reopened, and it was the same Thunder to me. It didnt seem any slower, and I was in the very front

KevinPage

The ride is the same. The only way to "slow down" a roller coaster is to add more trime brakes or set the existing trims to brake harder.

There are enough brakes on the ride already that no extra ones are needed and 3 chain lifts which tend to slow the pace of a ride down.

BTMR is always better at night when it feels like you are going so much faster anyways :)

Djali999

Original Poster
yeah, it didn't make much sense to me to slow it down. I'll just have to get a better seat next time.... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom