Am I Crazy? Was there free dining offered in Sept for Jan-March 2016?

Lexi

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

After a year of planning a wedding, I've finally turned back to planning @ArtieJim 30th birthday in Disney! So we booked back in July, made our dining reservations at the beginning of September and then special discounts opened at the end of September for the time we would be down there (3/5-3/10). From what I remember I saw the deals, tried calling Disney but of course there was like a 2 hour wait, so went online and was able to snag a free dining package at Pop for slightly more money then our original package. I received what I thought was a confirmation email that I changed my reservation but of course did not read it, because I had to go back to wedding planning.

Now that the wedding is over I've started following up on all things Disney that I've missed over the months including updating my spreadsheet with dining times and the like and realized my reservation on My Disney Experience mentions nothing about free dining. So I decided to call and check out what was going on and the cast member said not only did I not have free dining but free dining packages were never released in September!?!

If I made a mistake and I don't know, didn't book the package properly that sucks but hey my fault, but my real problem here is that cast member saying that free dining was never released. Can someone help me out here and tell me if there was free dining packages released in Sept for what I am guessing was Jan 2016 - March 2016????

Wendy Pleakley

"Play, Stay, and Dine" packages was the only deal I recall being offered for that timeframe. Not free dining, but discounted.

I would recommend using a travel agent next time. They will be on top of it when a discount comes out for your travel dates and make any changes you want for you.

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...orld-vacation-package-discounts/#playstaydine

Get a discount on a vacation package of at least 3 nights that includes a dining plan and at least 2-day tickets. You must check in between 12/13/15 – 12/19/15 or 1/2/16 – 3/7/16 to be eligible for this offer.

The discount varies based on resort type (Value, Moderate or Deluxe) and is approximately 40%-45% off the dining plan, plus a tiny discount (2%-10%) off the room rate.

Lexi

Original Poster
Ok so wedding planning did indeed make me crazy, good to know :banghead:
I should also add I am not a novice travel or disney planner, so it makes this so much worse lol!

LizC

I am going around the same time as you. While there was no free dining, they did offer room only discounts in addition to the play stay and dine. Perhaps this will work for you? I believe the promotion is still available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom