Altercation with IDIOT at Grand Floridian Parking lot!!

Yoop33

Original Poster
So who wants to hear a story?
I will be the first to say that I can be a jerk at the parks but I will not let anyone know I am mad except for my girlfriend who is always right next to me and can see everything going on.
SO ANYWAY.... The other day I take her to Narcoosee's for dinner and if you have ever been to the GF you probably know where the guest parking is. So I go to park next to a family who is loading their minivan to leave. I approach slowly so they can see me and maybe close their doors so I can get in the space. I even backed up to give them more room and then parked on the slanted lines where there was no parking to give them more room to get in and out of their van. As I go around to let my girlfriend out of the truck, the man with his family, drive by and he says, "Hey nice truck. No scratches right?" I didn't know if he was kidding or if he was serious. So I watch him go down the lane and he stops and says, "I hope it stays that way A$$HOLE!!" My jaw dropped at the fact that he would do this in front of his entire family including wife, mother and kids. I proceeded not to say a thing and did not light my very short fuse. I don't think he realized that he would have to pass me again to get through the exit gate of the lot. So as he approached the gate, I approached his van. I did not get within 100 ft of his van before he put it in reverse and spun his tires trying to get away. I just laughed because little did he know he was still gonna have to get next to me to leave the lot. We approach the crosswalk and are waiting for the light when his van comes from behind me. TRafic was heavy at the time so I knew he was not going to be able to pull out. So I go to approach his van again and he put the van in gear, peels out into oncoming traffic and almost kills his entire family by pulling out infront of a service truck twice his size.
Now I told my girlfriend that I did not say a single word or did one single thing that was not rational and look at how people act.
I am sorry to all you good people that this does not apply to but I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!

WDWcouple

Where was his rationale in spinning out from you..... Hello.... Id be thinking "im in a 2500lb van this guy cant be more than 200..... Ill win"

SteveUK

I think you were both in the wrong. He might have been an idiot, but why did you try to approach him? If you knew he was an idiot - you should have made every effort to avoid further contact. I see so many incidents at work every day getting out of hand, that could all be avoided if people were more sensible and avoided confrontation. Just think about it for a minute - what possible positive consequences could there be from you approaching and prolonging contact with him? And what possible negative consequences?

If anything had happened, you would be writing an account about how it was all his fault. I disagree, I think everybody need to take responsibility for their actions. He may have been an idiot, and acting inappropriately. You cannot control his behaviour, but you can control, and are responsible for yours. Further conflict could have been avoided by a good decision by you - but you decided to approach him, in doing this, I believe you made the wrong decision.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

I got a story similar to yours but nothing like getting out of a car & telling something to the other driver. My family & I were about to park at Downtown Disney Marketplace & my Dad was giving enough room for the other car to back out & drive away. Well as he was passing us he says to my Dad I am surprised Canadians know how to drive (he saw my Dad's Jeep had an Ontario license plate, so he knew we were from Canada). He must have thought he didn't have room to drive but from what I remember he did.

lcsrig

I don't know you but I'm really proud of you for keeping quiet and being the better person!!!!! It's a lesson I am constantly trying to teach my 7 yo.

PLUS.....I HATE STUPID PEOPLE TOO!!!!!

barnum42

My local stupid person in a car dtory occurred a year or so ago. I was riding the bike to work one morning when I noticed a car coming the other way still had his hazard lights on - probably from picking a child up as his car was full of young kids on their way to work.

He was stopped at a pedestrian crossing, so I pulled out a bit from the car I was behind to let him know his hazards were still on. His reaction? To let loose at me with a long string of words - every second one staring in the letter "F" followed by three other letters in a famous vulgar combination. With his car full of young children! :rolleyes:

Bristol drivers really are the pits. :(

Yanks07

Lenghten your fuse Brother, your supposed to be on vacation. There are jerks everywhere. He showed his colors when he ran. Situation over! Enjoy the rest of your day. Awesome that you vented, but this has little to do with Disney. :wave:

DisneyDellsDude

He probably was trying to be funny (in some weird way) to his family. He then didn't know that he would have to pass you again; so he got scaired that you would attack him for saying something like that, so he peeled away.

Captain Chaos

This guy sounds like a bozo.. But, did you approach him on purpose to confront him or was it just that you had no choice with the way the parking lot was designed?

natalia1681

Aaahhh. You have to love how some people let the Disney spirit just wash all over them:lol: Sounds like that guy was a real idiot and I'm sad to hear that he had kids. Maybe they aren't his biological children so his stupid genes won't get passed to them:lookaroun

Good job on being the bigger person. I as well have a short fuse. It isn't always easier to be the bigger person, but it always feels so good.:D

DopeyJas2004

Yoop33 said:
So who wants to hear a story?
I will be the first to say that I can be a jerk at the parks but I will not let anyone know I am mad except for my girlfriend who is always right next to me and can see everything going on.
SO ANYWAY.... The other day I take her to Narcoosee's for dinner and if you have ever been to the GF you probably know where the guest parking is. So I go to park next to a family who is loading their minivan to leave. I approach slowly so they can see me and maybe close their doors so I can get in the space. I even backed up to give them more room and then parked on the slanted lines where there was no parking to give them more room to get in and out of their van. As I go around to let my girlfriend out of the truck, the man with his family, drive by and he says, "Hey nice truck. No scratches right?" I didn't know if he was kidding or if he was serious. So I watch him go down the lane and he stops and says, "I hope it stays that way A$$HOLE!!" My jaw dropped at the fact that he would do this in front of his entire family including wife, mother and kids. I proceeded not to say a thing and did not light my very short fuse. I don't think he realized that he would have to pass me again to get through the exit gate of the lot. So as he approached the gate, I approached his van. I did not get within 100 ft of his van before he put it in reverse and spun his tires trying to get away. I just laughed because little did he know he was still gonna have to get next to me to leave the lot. We approach the crosswalk and are waiting for the light when his van comes from behind me. TRafic was heavy at the time so I knew he was not going to be able to pull out. So I go to approach his van again and he put the van in gear, peels out into oncoming traffic and almost kills his entire family by pulling out infront of a service truck twice his size.
Now I told my girlfriend that I did not say a single word or did one single thing that was not rational and look at how people act.
I am sorry to all you good people that this does not apply to but I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!

THAT WAS ME:fork: :fork:

JUST KIDDING sorry i couldn't resist! :lol: :lol: :sohappy:

fundesign

barnum42 said:
My local stupid person in a car dtory occurred a year or so ago. I was riding the bike to work one morning when I noticed a car coming the other way still had his hazard lights on - probably from picking a child up as his car was full of young kids on their way to work.

He was stopped at a pedestrian crossing, so I pulled out a bit from the car I was behind to let him know his hazards were still on. His reaction? To let loose at me with a long string of words - every second one staring in the letter "F" followed by three other letters in a famous vulgar combination. With his car full of young children! :rolleyes:

Bristol drivers really are the pits. :(
I have a good one also. I'm in bumper to bumper traffic on 192. This guy behind me starts weaving and honking his horn in anger. we move up a bit. This gives him room to peel onto the side of the lane. He speeds up and hits the back of a police car! It was fantastic. You should have seen the look on the cop's face as he got out of the car.:lol:

Unplugged

This guy sounds like a real piece-of-work. There are too many people like that teaching their children how to act inappropriately. Worse yet, thye have to pollute an environment we like to keep sacred. I know I try to be far more tollerant and helpful to others when at WDW to ensure my own experiences are great.

Kudos to you for not stuffing that guys head up his own %#&. Though, I think that would have taught his children a more valuable lesson. (I can hear it now..."Remember when daddy opened his fat mouth at WDW and that other guy came over and stuffed daddy's head up his own %#& ?)

Kudos again my friend.....:sohappy:

Epcot82Guy

Unplugged said:
This guy sounds like a real piece-of-work. There are too many people like that teaching their children how to act inappropriately. Worse yet, thye have to pollute an environment we like to keep sacred. I know I try to be far more tollerant and helpful to others when at WDW to ensure my own experiences are great.

That's the big problem to me. Doing it in front of your own kids. It reminds me of that TLC commercial with the mom and daughter where the daughter gets out and starts yelling at the other driver. Cracks me up every time. :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
WDWcouple said:
Where was his rationale in spinning out from you..... Hello.... Id be thinking "im in a 2500lb van this guy cant be more than 200..... Ill win"
Some people don't understand the law of gross tonnage. These are the same people that will walk right in front of a car going 20 mph at the mall and expect them to come to a screeching halt.

Yoop33

Original Poster
WDWcouple said:

I would say his minivan was more around 4000 lbs and I weigh in at 220 standing at 6'5. I don't know what he was thinking originally because I walked right passed him when he was out of his car and I probably had him by a good foot and about 50lbs!!! I probably would have really embarrased him. :lol:

Tom

Beta Return
Yoop33 said:
I would say his minivan was more around 4000 lbs and I weigh in at 220 standing at 6'5. I don't know what he was thinking originally because I walked right passed him when he was out of his car and I probably had him by a good foot and about 50lbs!!! I probably would have really embarrased him. :lol:

Apparently you don't understand that HE was loading HIS van. He had every right to use two parking spaces to do this, because, well, he was loading HIS luggage into HIS van. Quite arrogant and inconsiderate of you to even TRY to park in that open parking space. You should have either waited or parked in a much further away space - one far less convenient for you, but more convenient for him.

Obviously I'm being sarcastic. I'm one of those people who have trouble "letting things go" or "dropping issues" until I feel that all parties involved understand what really happened. I would have approached him to, simply to explain that I was being considerate for as long as I could while he occupied 2 parking spaces to load his van. Even though we know that would be a waste of breath and would just go over that POS's head - I wouldn't be able to function until I knew I made my statement.

Kudos to you for NOT beating his a$$. I like how you stalked him though, and simply intimidated that coward by walking past! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom