Alone with 3 Kids

mep517

Original Poster
I'm travelling to WDW on 3/27 alone with my 3 kids (ages 7 1/2, 5 & 2) I'll be there by myself from Wed-Fri when my husband joins us for a week. Any ideas for activities? There's no way I can take them on rides by myself, so we're planning to do non-ride activities?

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Alexis

You can take them around Downtown Disney, there's shopping, restaurants and other activities there that you can do. Such as Disney Quest, or Splitsville for bowling.
You can take them to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, which are water parks.
Maybe take them to character breakfast of some sort.
If you're willing to take a drive with them, there's always Sea World (which is like 10-15 mins from Disney area) You can just take them to the shows and exhibits.
You could also just hangout by the hotel pool for a day just to relax.
Good luck and have fun!

jenluvswdw

If you plan on going to the parks I would watch the parades, see some characters, and shows. AK would be great, so many animals to watch. Pool time will be fun. Where are you staying?

olinecoach61

Pool time will be great, depending on where you are staying some resorts have great kids play areas around the pools. They spay water and the kids can run through and you can sit on the side and not worry about three in the pool all the time. Parades would be great, you could ride the train around mk, take a monorail loop to Epcot and back. Kids and many adults love that!

Sumrdog

My kids have always been very happy at the pools and the playgrounds. They love chasing the lizards on the sidewalks at the resorts too...

meklein

No way I could do the pool with three kids, gives me a heart attack thinking about it (but we're not swimmers)! :eek: I took my two DDs to Disney alone Dec 2011. Youngest was 3. We did everything except the "big" rides. Of course, three is more difficult than two, but if your 7yo is a good helper, I don't see why at MK you couldn't do Dumbo, with the 7 and 5 yo riding together and you and the 2 yo together, as well as many of the other "small" rides (Small World, Pooh, etc.). My kids love meeting characters, so just a character hunt could be fun. Taking the parks at a slower pace - get an ice cream, sit on a bench together and talk about your favorite characters. Also, my girls love visiting the lobbies of the different resorts. Riding the monorail or the boat. DHS is awesome - lots of shows! Taken at a slower pace, you take in a few shows, watch a parade, eat an ice cream, grab an early dinner and enjoy Fantasmic. Of course, as other posters have mentioned, shh! I know it is blasphemy, but there are lots of fun things to do around Orlando away from Disney and may not be as crowded. Good luck! I LOVE travelling alone with my kids - we always feel so proud of ourselves for being resourceful. ;) They always seem to get along better too when they know us being out and about doing something crazy fun is entirely dependent upon them being well-behaved and working together!

StarWarsGirl

Animal Kingdom would be good. You can take them to the different trails, shows, and such. I mean, Festival of the Lion King and Nemo and you're set! You might even be able to do Safari since you'd all be in one row for that, depending on how well they behave, as well as Triceratops spin since you'd all be in the same dino. Hanging around the pool one day if it's warm enough might also be fun, especially since there are always lifeguards and such around. You could take them to one of the mini golf courses as well. If you plan on doing the shows at DHS, this would be a good time to do it. Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Playhouse Disney, Lights Motors Action, the parade, Fantasmic... Or you could go to Epcot and spend the day wandering the countries, let your little ones do that Agent P thing together, as well as the Kid Cot fun Stops.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Man, I'm living in my younger days. Disney Junior I mean. :rolleyes:

mep517

Original Poster
Thank you so much everyone! We decided if it's warm enough we're going to the pool (All-Star Movies). My DDs are good swimmers, but I am bringing life jackets for all. If it's not warm enough we're going to hit MK for rope drop and high-tail it to Enchanted Tales w/Belle. Then over to Ft. Wilderness for pony rides and playground. Chip & Dale Campfire (S'Mores!) and outdoor movie at night. The next day we're going to do AK, no Dinosaur, Everest or Kali of course.

swissamy

Thank you so much everyone! We decided if it's warm enough we're going to the pool (All-Star Movies). My DDs are good swimmers, but I am bringing life jackets for all. If it's not warm enough we're going to hit MK for rope drop and high-tail it to Enchanted Tales w/Belle. Then over to Ft. Wilderness for pony rides and playground. Chip & Dale Campfire (S'Mores!) and outdoor movie at night. The next day we're going to do AK, no Dinosaur, Everest or Kali of course.
They have life jackets available at all WDW hotels at the main pool in all sizes which will save you space when packing !!

Uncle Remus

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom would be fun and kill tons of time. My 7,6 and 5 year olds love it. Last time we went they didn't even want to ride the rides which I thought was crazy because it was still new to them

bubbles1812

As others have mentioned, the pool is a great place, and I love your idea of the life jackets. As a former lifeguard, I can't tell you how many parents I watched essentially just throw their kids in the water without supervision and assume the lifeguards would babysit them. One of the worst rescues we had was where I child about 2 had fallen over about two feet from mom... she was just talking away while her son was drowning beside her. So props for the lifejackets. The mini golf courses are also very very fun, and something I think even your two year old could enjoy, especially the Fantasia Golf Course.

I'd also honestly recommend DHS. There are a lot of shows to watch (Voyage of Mermaid, Lights Motor Action, Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic, ect). Also, I know you said you don't want to take them on rides but stuff like The Great Movie ride is ok to go on. You sit all in a row. There is even a bunch of stuff like that at the MK. (I'm thinking of Pirates, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Small World, Winnie the Pooh- this one there is two rows per car so you could have your two oldest in the front, Enchanted Tales with Belle is more a show than anything, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, ect). Just something you can think about... Guess though I'm going on the assumption your children aren't the run off on their own, have to keep a handle on them at all times. My brothers and I were very mild mannered kids and we knew the rules and what would happen if we broke them so we stayed close. If you've got more of a wild child, going to the parks might not work as well. But least you 7.5 year old is big enough that I suspect she/he should be able to help you out some at that age.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom