Aloha, Aulani! Aug. 2021 Trip Report

CaptainAmerica

I agree. The cotton material feels like silk. We found, toward the back of the store, several shirts that were 25%, 50%, and even 75% off. Bought a few, with one of them being just $40!

Like I said, my credit card was smoking! :)

Zz.
Did you check the tags? Many of them *are* silk.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning!

Today is our last full day staying in Waikiki. Tomorrow we transfer to Aulani for another 8 nights!

We only have one thing on our agenda today - the Iolani Palace tour this morning. The rest of the day will be open, which means that we will probably do another food crawl. The Leonard's Bakery's malasadas yesterday should be illegal. They were SO GOOD! I got ones filled with custard and another set filled with haupia. I am going to miss these after we get back.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
At iolani palace. Waiting for our tour time.
82CB8570-169B-45D0-952F-16F0D5F354E2.jpeg

363282C6-2D62-46E6-BACA-09DAE3FEFF52.jpeg

BigDis

Check before you go to Diamondhead lookout point today. When we were there last month, Diamondhead was closed on Wednesdays. It used to be open 7 days a week but when they reopened it after it had been closed because of COVID, they opened it only 6 days a week.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Check before you go to Diamondhead lookout point today. When we were there last month, Diamondhead was closed on Wednesdays. It used to be open 7 days a week but when they reopened it after it had been closed because of COVID, they opened it only 6 days a week.
Thanks for the heads up. Checked google map and it says that it is open till 10 pm. If it isn't, we will just drive away. Too bad we won't have time to climb up to the peak.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
I mentioned earlier that this is also a food crawl vacation. So far we have hit several food targets.

because of that, I made sure we were all well prepared. I bought everyone a set of portable, reusable utensil that can be used instead of the disposable and flimsy utensils that you get for takeouts.

The utensils come in this handy bag. I attached a carabiner to it so that you can hook it to your belt or belt loop.
EDC6D727-AA3E-4C81-8D0A-B774E25FCC96.jpeg

When you open it you get this:
11489B50-54B9-4785-A10A-5DF874A06BB5.jpeg

The set consists of:
Fork
Knife
Dinner spoon
Dessert spoon
A straight straw
A bent straw
A pair of chopsticks
A brush to clean the straws
EC4E1ED1-9BC9-4EF6-88CD-AE99B6337A05.jpeg

They are all stainless steel.

So far it has been quite useful. I’ve used it a few times, especially when we passed on getting the offered plastic utensils.

I would say that this will be handy during F&G and F&W food crawl at Epcot. We also intend to bring this with us when we visit museums etc where we will most probably be given disposable utensils.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom