Almost Christmas

Britt

The parking lot of our local Publix put up their trees and candy canes on the lamp posts last week. Sounds like Disneyworld is a little late? :rolleyes:
LOL Right?? Walmart had their entire Christmas section up and out this past weekend...lol However, WDW is the only place I like to hear "almost Christmas" in relation to. Walmart can shove it and take their stuff down. Give us Thanksgiving at least! Sheesh

ToTBellHop

LOL Right?? Walmart had their entire Christmas section up and out this past weekend...lol However, WDW is the only place I like to hear "almost Christmas" in relation to. Walmart can shove it and take their stuff down. Give us Thanksgiving at least! Sheesh
There's something very Nightmare Before Christmas at Walmart right now, with the blow up Halloween ghosts across the walkway from Christmas trees. They should play "Making Christmas."

ExtinctJenn

There's something very Nightmare Before Christmas at Walmart right now, with the blow up Halloween ghosts across the walkway from Christmas trees. They should play "Making Christmas."
Our Walmart has the Halloween stuff inside and the Christmas outside in the garden center for the most part (though Christmas crept in about 2 weeks ago on two aisles near the garden center too). They won't waste time though. November 1st the Halloween stuff will go on clearance and then November 2nd the Christmas stuff will be out. LOL

ABQ

Lowes is the same here. Have inflated ghouls, goblins and a Mike Wazowski on one end cap for Halloween and snowmen, reindeer and Mickey and Mini in some north pole setting on the next isle.

disneygirl1

So funny, a friend of mine is in Disney now and he posted a picture of the Main Street Confectionary's holiday display. I was like WOW its preety early for that don't you think, but then thought that its almost November so I guess that does make sense!

ToTBellHop

So funny, a friend of mine is in Disney now and he posted a picture of the Main Street Confectionary's holiday display. I was like WOW its preety early for that don't you think, but then thought that its almost November so I guess that does make sense!
You would think they would have a Halloween candy display.

ExtinctJenn

You think that's bad, you see what it's like here in the UK. As soon as the kids go back to school at the start of September, the Christmas stuff starts appearing in shops everywhere!
It's honestly not that much different here. Our local Walmart had a smattering of Christmas stuff starting to appear out in their Garden Center in early September after our kids started school too. LOL

Sans Souci

Costco is the worst for Christmas Creep. I saw Christmas decorations and trees for sale there in late August. I think they take down the summer merchandise after the 4th of July and start putting up holiday merchandise. It's too much, too soon.

Pixie VaVoom

yeah I have already heard Christmas music in stores already in NJ.

they are really lagging behind.

Our local chain craft stores have their annual "Christmas tree fluffing' party every year, on the 4th of July. it is such a merry time, misting each other off while the tree flocking sticks you, sweat rolling into your tennis shoes. The Boss flips burgers for us out of the back loading dock, while the purchasing clerk curses the corporate buyers for ordering 300 felt christmas stockings ALL with the name "AMY" at the top. (we still had some of them at Valentines) Ahh, Christmas in Retail Land...by Dec 20 you are ready to shove it all out the back door and take a match to it. The ceramic battery-operated light-up christmas trees were handy though, when the black friday thunderstorm knocked out half the city's power... Good times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom