Allstar Movies to Wilderness Lodge

mikey531

Original Poster
I want to take my grandson to wilderness lodge for breakfast any idea how long it will take? My plan is to go to Magic Kingdom and then the wilderness lodge bus.
Thanks

DisneyFanatic12

From when you are at the bus stop, in the morning busses should come at least every 15 minutes (though generally busses arrive every 20 minutes or less). The bus ride from MK to Wilderness Lodge is 10 minutes at most, so a half hour to get there would be appropriate (half an hour travel time plus a buffer).

If you are taking the bus from All Star Movies, you should be able to see when the next bus arrives on the app. You can see Google Maps or Apple Maps for an estimated travel time, as traffic does vary.

Hope this helps and you have a great breakfast!

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Just be sure you don’t have a super early dining reservation as buses don’t always start running early enough to get you where you need to be.

MickeyLuv'r

Using the buses, I'd allow an hour. It will probably be slightly less, but the timing of the buses is variable.

If you do not have a car and want to get there in a shorter amount of time, paid transportation is a faster option.

From MK, you have the option of taking the boat to WL. The bus is often faster, but not always.

Also important to know is that the WL bus also sometimes stops at Ft WL. I may have this backwards, but I think the loop order was WL, to Ft Wilderness, then MK. So if you are headed to MK from WL, you'll stop at Ft Wilderness before heading to MK. Coming from MK, the bus goes to WL first.

At popular transit times, the boat can get full, so you might have to wait until the next boat arrives.
The good news is that if you arrive early, they may well be able to seat you early, and WL is a nice place to hang out. If you run a few minutes late, they should also be a bit forgiving.

harryk

Take the boat - it is relatively quick if the bus makes a stop on the way. But be sure that you have a confirmed reservation at Whispering Canyon.

Yellow Shoes

I want to take my grandson to wilderness lodge for breakfast any idea how long it will take? My plan is to go to Magic Kingdom and then the wilderness lodge bus.
Thanks
You want the boat, not the bus from MK to Wilderness Lodge.
In the morning, (i.e., breakfast time) the boats from Wilderness TO Magic Kingdom will be much more crowded that FROM MK to Wilderness, as most people will be heading to the parks, and the return boats will be emptier.

Plan B might be to check the bus schedule at your resort and get on the first bus that arrives, then get on the Wilderness Lodge bus at that park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom